• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

UTAU Reviews Thread

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone! Wanted to try out some new UTAUs, but didn't want to go wiki crawling? I'll do all that work for you and show off some rarely appreciated UTAUs.
April 16:
I'll start with what I think are the best voicebanks I've reviewed!
One of the most perfect voices I've ever heard was Chikashi-kun, who is essentially a blend of Len and Piko, but somehow even more adorable.
ちかしヘッ.png
(Art by kusukina)

Download Link
Official Website
Chikashi-kun’s voicebanks come in a pack that includes a tripitch VCV and a monopitch CV. Chikashi is definitely more masculine sounding than he looks, and has a strong, powerful nasally voice. His voice is very warm-sounding and rich.

My favorite part of him is his extra pitches. They widen his range to an absurd degree, to the point where he sing in a tenor or soprano range and still sound natural. Though I think they could work pretty well when used by themselves.

Chikashi’s voice is naturally very raspy and muffled by static, and it'll take a lot of editing to fix that. And if you want to use his CV(which basically sounds the same as his default VCV voice), those problems get even worse.

(Keep in mind that this will depend a lot on the song/feel you want!)
*Recommended Flags: Y100, B0, H0, D20, F0, A80(fresamp), K20(fresamp)
* Recommended Resamplers: resampler, fresamp

_____________________________________________________________​

April 17: I'm back with another review!
One of the most quality whisper banks I found belonged to Namae Shirezu. Her 18-37 voice was released alongside its counterpart 18-45, and is a monopitch VCV with some extra sounds and 1 append.
名前シレズ【18-37】水無.png
(art by kurukurusuuzi)

Download Link
Official Site

18-37 is very whisper-like, but also loud and raspy. I like it, because she can handle fast tempos and loud songs without losing the whisper tone.

I really liked the options to activate vocal fry, lengthen vowels, make Namae roll her Rs, and shout. All of the options are explained in the readme, and can be activated easily using the suffix broker or copy and paste. The one thing I would want improved is her amount of breath samples. There are only 3 and they sound almost identical. Overall, this voice is pretty complicated, but if you like options and are experienced with UTAU, I would recommend it.

(Keep in mind that this will depend a lot on the song/feel you want!)
Recommended Flags: g-3, Y100, F0, c99,D30, H40, Mb10(moresampler), Mo40(moresampler)
Recommended Resamplers: fresamp, tn_fnds, moresampler

Last edited:
Reactions: violethaze

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Wow, it's been a while since this thread has been updated...don't think it's because I haven't been looking for new UTAUs-I've just had a lot on my plate lately.

With that out of the way, here's some new UTAU recommendations with a few comments from me.

Kiyenn CVVC-ROCKING ON- Re-recorded version

My girl Kiyenn got an update after a long time of inactivity, and she sounds better than ever! Her voice is very deep, mature, and almost masculine. Though she isn't very easy to use and is prone to slurring and various glitches, she'll occupy a special and rare spot in your voice folder.
キエン CVVC-ROCKING ON-再録版 - BowlRoll

Misuto Tsukika
Sadly, I couldn't find any examples of her voice, but Misuto is a deep female CV voice with quite a bit of whisper qualities. She's one of the better CVs I've found.

Taya Soune New VCV

The man, the myth, the legend Taya Soune has gotten a new voicebank after years of inactivity on the UTAU front. I immediately fell in love with his new voicebank because of its clarity, smoothness, and ease of use. Even if you're bored of young male UTAUs, I would recommend checking this one out.
蒼音タヤ(連続音巽式7モーラ) - BowlRoll

Tokumei VCV

This strong voice with a feminine tone reminded me a lot of Yamine Renri and Gahata Meiji, but with an angrier, almost shouting tone. This voice would be great for rock, metal, or any "harder" genre. It has a very wide range and is more versatile than it seems.
匿名 連続音 - BowlRoll

Reactions: Orpheus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)