• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

V4 Piapro - How to make a vocaloid sound less tense?

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I’ve been playing around with tuning in Piapro V4 and I wanted to make Merli sound less tense, but haven’t been able to. Is there a way to do this?

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Some things you could play around with to give a softer tone or less tense tone would be to decrease Brightness, decrease Velocity, decrease Openness, and/or increase Gender Factor (which will make the voice sound more mature). You can also play around with Breathiness.

This is off memory, so if decreasing GEN is actually how you make the voice more mature, try that.

Reactions: WyndReed

cocoaCacao

Cocoa
Apr 8, 2018
I'd do a preset of:

BRE: 30
BRI: -50 (or -90, unless her consonants start sounding weird, that happens to engloids often)
GEN: -7
CLR: -20

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Some things you could play around with to give a softer tone or less tense tone would be to decrease Brightness, decrease Velocity, decrease Openness, and/or increase Gender Factor (which will make the voice sound more mature). You can also play around with Breathiness.

This is off memory, so if decreasing GEN is actually how you make the voice more mature, try that.
I'd do a preset of:

BRE: 30
BRI: -50 (or -90, unless her consonants start sounding weird, that happens to engloids often)
GEN: -7
CLR: -20
I've now tried both of those and I think if I play around with both methods I can get a result that I like. Thanks for the suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)