• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VCV vs VCCV Korean

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
Henlo it's me asking for help again;; hopefully one day i'll have big brain to help everyone else out
So, I want to make a Korean VB for my UTAU but I'm torn between VCV and VCCV and for UTAUs users out there I wanted to know your take on it?

VCV Pros (imo)
Sounds better
Easier to use

VCV Cons (imo, again)
The file size for the voicebank will be enormous
Non-standard from the looks of things

And vice versa for the pros and cons of VCCV
Pros
Reasonable file size
Seems to be the standard(???) for Korean voicebanks

Cons
It seems a bit finnicky to use
It sounds a bit choppy and unnatural to me?

I just wanted to get an idea of which type of voicebank people are most likely to actually use...

EDIT: If VCCV is the standard for Korean VB's I'd much rather do that bc that will make the bank more user friendly... I think

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Welllll, I'm not an expert on making voicebanks but!

in my experience with korean vbs, yeah VCCV seems to be the most popular recording style, but i've used CVVC korean banks too. although VCCV is basically the same as CVVC, CVVC is used soso much more for non-jp vbs. i guess it comes down to whichever you prefer really. (for me personally, i'd record in CVVC style because ive used it more than i have VCCV)

as for VCV, i think it COULD work but not as well as CVVC/VCCV.

imho VCCV or CVVC would be your best choice but as always the oto!!!! is what makes the bank

• Love
Reactions: cheri

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
Eeeeee thank you!
I thought that Korean CVVC was dead so I didn't consider it but I found a really nice reclist! (that seems pretty recent too) so I'll go with CVVC, thank you so much ;v;

Reactions: Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)