• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid 3 editor activation

caitl98

engloid advocate
Jul 15, 2018
America
Hi everyone! This is.......a situation I'm a little pissed off about right now

So I bought Avanna and the full Vocaloid 3 editor in 2014. I use them happily for years, then this year my laptop gets stolen.

I buy a new laptop because the police have my old one, but are taking forever to return it and it was getting old anyway.

Getting my new laptop set up, I have Avanna's files and the v3 editor's files on a flash drive so I just move them over. I look through my email for the activation codes and can't find them. I know I saved them with a special label and everything at the time but they're gone and them's the facts. So I email Zero-G support about the situation, get a polite and timely response, and get my original activation code and it all works. Yay! Zero-G support is awesome!! I email Yamaha support about the same thing but for the editor, they take a long-ass time to respond, and basically tell me they can't do anything. So I just can't use the editor anymore even though I bought it, just I can't find the activation code??? It's really expensive too, so it just sucks so hard. Like yeah, I have the Tiny Vocaloid 3 editor, but I paid money for the full version. There has to be something else I can do, right?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Well, if you get your old laptop back, I’ve heard you can use the offline deactivation option in the Deactivation Tool and in the text file generated, you will find your serial.

Otherwise, all you can do is look for the email. Maybe try looking for your email from when you purchased the editor from Yamaha? That should contain the serial if you can’t find the email you saved.

If neither works out, you might be out of luck.

In the future, I’d recommend creating a word document, putting your serials there, then putting said document on the flash drive containing the files. That’s what I do for all my DL Vocaloids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)