• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid 4 or Piapro Studio?

lifelite_

New Fan
Nov 19, 2022
So I have been planning on getting Vocaloid this year, specifically Vocaloid 4 but finding an editor on sale right now is pretty difficult since V4 is deprecated. I've heard that the Crypton voicebanks come bundled with Piapro Studio and it costs a lot less than the options I've found for Vocaloid 4. Should I get Piapro Studio or keep searching for someone selling Vocaloid 4 for a more affordable price? I also want to ask which editor is better than the other, I'd like to hear peoples opinions

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Personally I would recommend getting Piapro Studio, especially if you're interested in using a Crypton voicebank. Granted I haven't used it much, but from what I remember of the time I tried using Piapro it wasn't really that much different from V4, and it was actually a lot better than regular V4 when it came to working with EVEC (since in standard V4 the only way you could use the feature was through phoneme editing).

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
Yes that's definitely worth noting, that Piapro Studio and all the extras it comes with is very much meant to be a set up to get you started.

Reactions: peaches2217

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Piapro Studio also has the advantage of being maintained. It just had a fresh update this summer with some minor changes (including support for M1 Macs, albeit only through Rosetta), whereas I believe Vocaloid 4 editor is entirely discontinued.

Piapro Studio also works with non-Crypton V4 and V3 voice banks if you happen to pick one up.

I also second the bundled Studio One Artist license as a plus, if you don't already have a DAW you're comfortable with. It's very capable, and something comparable would easily run you anywhere from $100 to multiple hundreds of dollars.

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Vocaloid Editor 4 is release back in 2014, the last version of v4 is 4.3.0 in 2016 and then big jump to V5 and V6 according to the timeline, unless you have specific reason to use v4, other than that i don't recommend to brought old software, i recommend you to considered V6 or piapro studio.

Reactions: Vector

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)