• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid Original: Filth Demo ft. Dex & Daina

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I wrote most of this song two years ago, and just these past few months I found the energy to slowly bring it into a reasonably polished state. I'm glad this song is finally out there. I've been enjoying it for a long time, and it has been one of the songs that help me when I have panic attacks or when I feel particularly shitty.

The genre is drone metal. It's extremely slow and heavy, and it is indeed 19 minutes long. Some people will find it relaxing, and others will think it sounds like a nightmare. I used Dex for the lead vocals and tuned him to sound very soft. I think he ended up sounding like how most people use Yohioloid. I used Daina as vocal harmony in the last section while the song winds down.

The vocals are very sparse, so I'm thinking of using Daina to counter and accompany Dex during the bulk of the song. Once I know the composition is finished I'll mix the song in stereo, but I prefer to keep it pretty much in mono until everything is finished and my EQ work is exactly where it needs to be.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
Thanks for your suggestion. I think the lead vocals in particular could use more melodic variation. They could also bring in more harmonic and rhythmic variety without changing the genre. If I gave the lead guitar and bass more variation it would be closer to post-metal than drone metal, and I want to keep the genre as drone metal for this song.

Reactions: Haeven

Haeven

New Fan
Nov 28, 2019
Oh I see. I guess the lead guitar and bass should have that rhythmic high and low. But more variation can be added in other ways, like in vocals. Agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)