• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid Rap/Hip-Hop Plug-in?

CV420

Ultimate Lurker
May 23, 2018
California
www.youtube.com
I remember reading about a rap plug-in that was in the works for the V4 engine. It was to help mimic the flow and rhythm of actual rappers. There was a demo of someone testing it out with Miku and they used it in a collaboration with a real singer. The song is uploaded on Youtube, though I can't seem to remember the name of it. Pretty sure the plug-in is no where close to finished, but I wanted to listen to that demo song again. Can anyone help find the song? I can't find anything online talking about the plug-in but I know for a fact it exists!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I haven't heard of it before, but I tried searching in Japanese for a rap plug-in and found this:
配布中!【VOCALOIDプラグイン】ボカロラップ化する
It's a plug-in by nima.

This is their website where you can download it:
nima's soft
Look for:
<VOCALOID Jobプラグイン
<VOCALOID Job Plug-in>
・自動作曲:歌詞入力だけで歌ってくれるプラグイン(DLページ・紹介動画)
Automatic composition: With just entering lyrics, the plug-in makes it sing for you (Download page / Introduction videos)
・自動ラップ:なんちゃってラップ生成プラグイン(DLページ・紹介動画)
Automatic rap: Rap creation plug-in (Download page / Introduction videos)

I don't have time to test it out or look at the page very closely right now, because I have to do errands in a few minutes. I can translate more if needed.

CV420

Ultimate Lurker
May 23, 2018
California
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately, I don't think that was it. I think the one I'm thinking of was being developed by someone at Crypton. I wanna say Wat, but I'm not sure. They posted a demo run with Miku and a Japanese hip-hop singer on Youtube. It wasn't completely realistic sounding, but it was more fluent and produced better pitch bends than the one you linked me. It was pretty impressive for usual Vocaloid sing-rapping, Miku actually had some flow. The only thing I can remember from the title was "feat. Hatsune Miku" or something like that. The rest of the title was Japanese. Thank you so much for helping, though! <3 Hopefully it will turn up.

Edit: It's possible the song was posted between 2016 - 2017, so it's not /that/ old, but definitely not made this year.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I've been translating almost all of crypton_wat's tweets and collected 2 years worth from this year and last year, Crypton had been working this year on rap/talking collabs with real singers to test their VocaListener-esque plug-in related to a V5 Piapro (it appears to take human singing and turn it into a tuned VSQ). Anything older than that, I am not aware of. >_< I did do some Twitter advanced searches from the crypton_wat and cfm_miku accounts for "rap" and "plug-in", but wasn't able to find any rap collabs with a human other than pinoko & Hatsune Miku "NEWDAYS" (related to the VocaListener-esque plug-in I mentioned).

Reactions: CV420

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)