• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid Song Interpretation

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
Hello, everyone!

I'm Unagi, and I was thinking it would be a wonderful idea to start making a thread about song interpretation!

But what does that mean?

Well, every so often, a song will be posted on the thread (by me or you guys), and others can listen to it and try to interpret it to their emotions, or what they feel the song is about. The goal isn't to find the meaning the producer was creating (but if you find it that's awesome), but the feeling one gets when listening to the song, or when they see the art/animation, or even how the instrumentals make them feel!

Rules
1) Be nice to others. If a song makes them feel sensitive, and they are discussing something in a way that you feel is tapping into their emotions, don't put them down for it! Music is a wonderful thing that lets us connect to ourselves- even if we get the "real meaning" wrong, the "emotional feeling" is correct in every single one of us.
2) Other users can post songs! It doesn't have to be just me- you guys can post a song you like, and let us interpret it!
3) Popular songs are okay! If you're new to the fandom, or want us to interpret a semi-popular to popular song, post it! Some songs that are popular are still an enigma to fans!
4) Try not to have the same song posted twice. If this happens, that is okay, but let's keep the same songs to a minimum! If you wanna interpret a song posted in this thread from a long time ago, state what song you are interpreting (and if you wish, the link to the song), and do so. That is perfectly fine!
5) Nearly all video/audio sharing sites are accepted. This includes Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Spotify, NicoNicoDouga, BiliBili, and any other site you can share music to! Keep in mind that it does need to come from at least a child-appropriate site.
6) Have fun! #1 rule!!!

Anyone wanna start us off?

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Let's talk about Ribbon of Evening Showers bc I still have no idea what to make of it despite being one of my favourite Vocaloid songs... :miki_lili:

I think most people know this song, but here's a link just in case.

Reactions: bioloid

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
Heres my interpretation in Medical Dream Format.

I think that Miku is in a dream and gets addicted to her world and doesnt want to wake up from her dream. I think she also loves someone in the dream, but she eventually wakes up. "a stupid god awakes with distaste and tear-filled kisses" could refer to her waking up from her fantasies and returning to reality, without a love like in her dreams.

Sorry for being short, its mostly from a first impression reading of these lyrics, even though I havent listened to the song in a while; thank you for re-introducing me to this song btw.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
I wonder what people think about this song.
Does every song need to have English subs?
I really like how the tone of the song goes from really slow/quiet to a sort of upbeat tune, despite her sadness of being alone. It's as though the soft part represents the thought of being alone just came up in her head, and the upbeat part represents her emotions pouring out. It seems like she's not with someone, but is really imagining that she is in love, only to realize it's a dream.

Now, while not all songs need English Translations/Subs, this one needed it, otherwise I'd only have to rely on beat to make up a different interpretation.

Let's talk about Ribbon of Evening Showers bc I still have no idea what to make of it despite being one of my favourite Vocaloid songs... :miki_lili:

I think most people know this song, but here's a link just in case.
Ah, Exit Tunes has it blocked here in America, sorry. Thanks for sharing, though!

Okay, so I know this song is more well-known, but the meaning totally confuses me. But I'll try to tell you how I imagine it to be about.

I think this song is about a man and woman who are very religious, who live together in their own home, etc. However, the man (Len) begins to believe that all humans are sinful, regardless of how hard they try. So he embraces that sinfulness and goes mad in trying to also prove that he isn't (He asks if the song is sinful, and says it is not, despite him accepting he is sinful, as with all humans). Of course, Antichlorobenzene is the opposite, where Rin finds purity in everyone, and meddles with Len in trying to "fix" him.

Really unsure, though. What are your guys' thoughts?

Sharkartist

Passionate Fan
Apr 16, 2018
Eastern USA
Im finnally going to anylyse Paradichlorobenzene.

I think Len is going insane, drowning cats and running away, even though its for no reason because, well, the song repeatedly states that it has no meaning. These acts could all be an escape of his reality and he wants to be free, avay from rules and is free to do what he sees fit. Rin is also another person trying to do whats good, but being lawful unlike Len. Len slowly goes insane, and dies in the end.

I know that Antichrolobenzene exists, but this song by itself is complicated enough already:bigal_lili:

Reactions: Unagi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)