• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

vocaloid user registration problems

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
I ask you for help guys, I bought a used crypton voicebank, I install it and everything is fine, the serial code works and I can activate vocaloid 2 and the voicebank in my pc without problems, but I go to the crypton website to activate my license, but it tells me that it has already been activated, I have already written to the seller and I hope he can help me, but is there anything I can do? I have a lot of booklets and also sheets confirming the purchase of the voice bank, can I do something to activate it in my account?
I wrote to the assistance of crypton future media, but I wanted to know if anyone knows what I could do or if I can do at least something

Jupiter

Manager of the Yuzuki Yukari Fanclub
Nov 15, 2021
Since you bought it used, it is likely that the licence for the Crypton website has already been used as well. As far as I know, there is no way to re-set this or transfer a license from another account, and Crypton probably won't help since it was purchased second-hand.

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
Since you bought it used, it is likely that the licence for the Crypton website has already been used as well. As far as I know, there is no way to re-set this or transfer a license from another account, and Crypton probably won't help since it was purchased second-hand.
but what if the seller asked crypton to transfer the license? in any case thanks for the reply ^_^

but are there any updates for V2? ie online can I find updates to do? edit: I just found out that there are crypton on the site, but without registering the license I cannot download them, and this makes me sad :/

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Based on what you're saying (i.e., you're able to activate the software and use it without any warnings, but unable to register the software in your Sonicwire account), my guess would be that there are 2 different processes going on. (Be aware, these are just my guesses based on what you said and could be completely wrong.)

1. The first is the activation for making your software function, which is carried out on the Vocaloid activation system (Yamaha's servers, I assume).
2. The second is informing CFM that you now own your new synth.

If that's the case, I think the person you bought from will probably have to go onto their own Sonicwire account and somehow deactivate their ownership of the software. There probably isn't much you can do yourself. CFM may be able to do something, but I assume they would need proof that you own the new software, and they would probably prefer that the original owner gave up ownership him/herself. As @Jupiter mentioned, if memory serves, I believe CFM doesn't encourage buying synths secondhand, so that may influence how they handle the situation.

Having said that, as long as the software works for you, I believe all you're really missing out on by not activating on Sonicwire would probably be technical support from CFM. Which is obviously something you would rather have access to than not, but at least the software works.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
As Mobius said, the only thing you’ll be missing out on is technical support. However, if it’s any consolation, 99% of any issues you face have answers that can be found on Sonicwire or Google, I’ve found, so not being able to register them isn’t a huge loss! And if you need tech support or access to certain updates, you can just ask someone who’s got that product registered and they’ll usually be happy to help. Best of luck!

Reactions: CassaMix39

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
As Mobius said, the only thing you’ll be missing out on is technical support. However, if it’s any consolation, 99% of any issues you face have answers that can be found on Sonicwire or Google, I’ve found, so not being able to register them isn’t a huge loss! And if you need tech support or access to certain updates, you can just ask someone who’s got that product registered and they’ll usually be happy to help. Best of luck!
you're also right, thank you very much!

but a question guys, if for example I was the person who has the registered license, how should I go about removing it? what exactly should i do? so I can tell the seller

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Offhand, I don't know. You're probably familiar with the registration process, but in case you're not, if you look in the Piapro Studio Thread under Registration, it provides a link to the Crypton website where you would register (It's the site under the "register here" link in the Piapro Studio Thread.). This is the website that you would link to your Sonicwire account when you register your first Crypton Vocaloid. (So, as it turns out, registration is done there rather than directly on Sonicwire as we were discussing earlier.) I assume that any deactivation would be done on that "register here" site; the person you purchased from would have to log onto that site and deactivate there somehow.

Looking at the Piapro Studio Thread, though, I noticed something else:

Q: I bought a download version of a Crypton VOCALOID. How do I register downloads?

A: If you bought the download from SONICWIRE or Crypton's site while logged into your account, the product should have been automatically registered. If you bought it from somewhere else (such as Big Fish Audio), unfortunately, it cannot be registered.
Based on that, it seems like it may not be possible to register unless you purchase a CFM Vocaloid (in download or physical format) from CFM directly. To know for sure, the seller would have to log into the site and see what they can do.

Reactions: CassaMix39

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
this honestly makes me feel better, because it means that if I had bought it somewhere else I would not have been able to register it, it makes me sad that I have the license but not be able to register it in my account :(, in any case only the year next i may know how to fix things, thank you so much for your reply!

Reactions: mobius017

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If you bought it second-hand, there is no way for you to register it unless it hadn't been registered before and the license cannot be transferred to you. TECHNICALLY, while most people do not follow this, Vocaloid is a non-transferrable product, and the licenses state that you aren't permitted to resell it. That being said, registration on Crypton (or any other Vocaloid official site) won't be permitted if it's used.

At most, you'll be missing out on support and potential upgrade sales when a VB releases (I've only seen this for Miku and RIn/Len V4x however). If you have a V2 and want an import code, you won't be able to get that from them either, but good news for you--import codes aren't unique like activation codes, as long as it's for the viocebank you want to import, it'll work infinite times.

I've gone through this personally the first time I bought a second-hand Crypton VB. It's part of the risk you always have to take when buying a used Vocaloid, since, again, that's technically against the license of Vocaloid products.

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
ah understood thank you very much! so if I understand correctly, the best thing is to forget about it and put my heart in peace right?

but since I bought a V2 voice bank I don't miss anything right?

CassaMix39

New Fan
May 25, 2021
Italy
www.youtube.com
i got this reply from crypton, too bad that seller doesn't want to cooperate to help me, i don't know what to say :///////

"""Thank you for your reply.

You can log in to the old Sonicwire or Crypton account
even though you cannot access to the old e-mail address anymore.

And we need the old e-mail address and the new one in order to investigate whether the account integration or the transfer are possible.
So it would be great if you could send us the information about them if you wish to do the procedure.

And also you can change the e-mail address associated with the old account by logging in to the old one """

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)