• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID2 error: "cannot detect device used for VOCALOID activation"

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I tried installing Sweet Ann as a trial, and whenever I uninstalled her, I keep getting this error

I DO have an activated VOCALOID2 (SONiKA) and even if I boot up V4, she won't show up in the editor

My VOCALOID deactivation tool shows that she's activated, so I can't figure out why I can't boot up V2

Does anyone know how to fix this?

___

Oct 8, 2019
V2s need to be installed in order of their release or run through custom installation where you omit the V2 editor/vsti, Sweet Ann is older V2 and it messes with Sonika cuz she comes with the older version of the editor than her, afaik uninstalling everything and installing it again in the release order should do the trick

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah any time you install a V2, make sure you do it custom and only install the voicebank, to avoid issues like this. You'll need to reinstall the new version of the editor/expression bank, but that should take care of it.

Reactions: peaches2217

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Thank you for the answers! I'll try uninstalling her and reinstalling both Sweet Ann and her and then see what happens after i uninstall Ann

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Ok so: update. V2 is still not booting up after i did everything i needed to. Is it possible my serial code is expired? Do I need to contact Zero G about it?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Shouldn't be the case, have you made sure you've gotten rid of everything like the V2 vsti and such?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I never installed the vsti. I only installed the editor, voicebanks, and expression db
Did you run a custom install on Sonika? The VSTi automatically installs when you run a complete install; the only way to prevent this is running a custom install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)