• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question VOCALOID4 Editor lost to the ages

helpcomputer

New Fan
Aug 19, 2020
I've been kind of running in circles, and I decided maybe here can help.
I purchased and downloaded the V4 Editor years ago, and I recently wanted to move my VOCALOIDs over to my new computer, but I misplaced my last V4 Editor install file. I have attempted sending an inquiry last week, as I have done numerous times before with the same email I've used multiple times before, but now I am not receiving a confirmation message, which means that if I am getting a response to my inquiries, they are being sent to the same void. I tried sending one again using the same email address, and then I tried sending another one with a different email address, and still no confirmation message.

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else has had this issue before, perhaps there is an issue at Yamaha currently with servers? And I guess a second question is if there's any way I can get the V4 Editor back without Yamaha's help since I seem to be getting nowhere fast..

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Do you have an email regarding your purchase? You may be able to download the install file from there. Do you also have an idea of where you put your install file? It may still be in your computer's downloads folder or wherever you chose to save it. Searching your computer for it may help too.
As for getting the editor back without Yamaha's help, you can try to purchase a starter pack that comes with one. Gumi V4 and Iroha have ones, but that's a pricey option. Yamaha retired the editor and changed the vocaloid store to the vocaloid shop, so that may be why they're not answering your inquiries since you technically purchased it from a different store.

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
do you still have your serial code? worse case scenario you could get someone to send over the install files. I wouldn't mind doing it if no one contacts you back

helpcomputer

New Fan
Aug 19, 2020
Do you have an email regarding your purchase? You may be able to download the install file from there. Do you also have an idea of where you put your install file? It may still be in your computer's downloads folder or wherever you chose to save it. Searching your computer for it may help too.
As for getting the editor back without Yamaha's help, you can try to purchase a starter pack that comes with one. Gumi V4 and Iroha have ones, but that's a pricey option. Yamaha retired the editor and changed the vocaloid store to the vocaloid shop, so that may be why they're not answering your inquiries since you technically purchased it from a different store.
Unfortunately none of the download links still work as they were hosted on the site and have since expired. I was able to get a new download from them in 2016, but I'm assuming I deleted it when clearing out my download folder.
It's odd because the inquiry form still has VOCALOID4 and VOCALOID3 listed as programs to inquire about despite them being retired. Part of me wonders if me selecting "VOCALOID4" automatically junked my inquiry, lol.

do you still have your serial code? worse case scenario you could get someone to send over the install files. I wouldn't mind doing it if no one contacts you back
I do still have the code, yes. I would definitely appreciate the offer.. :cry:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Unfortunately none of the download links still work as they were hosted on the site and have since expired. I was able to get a new download from them in 2016, but I'm assuming I deleted it when clearing out my download folder.
It's odd because the inquiry form still has VOCALOID4 and VOCALOID3 listed as programs to inquire about despite them being retired. Part of me wonders if me selecting "VOCALOID4" automatically junked my inquiry, lol.
Ah, I see. The current system they use asks for your vocaloid shop download code, and after putting it in, allows you to download or redownload your items. I guess they worked differently back then.
Maybe you can search your recycling bin and see if it's still there somehow.
That is odd. Maybe it's only there for Vocaloid 4 and Vocaloid 3 voicebanks, but not the editors themselves?

CatMoun

Phonology and voice synths are pretty much my life
Aug 14, 2020
I'm afraid to have the same problem someday so I usually keep my downloads on a Google Drive.
Someone already offered you a link to the editor so I think you're fine about this already. ^^

I'm here mostly to tell you to keep your files on a Google Drive connected to your email or maybe on MEGA if you have an acoount there. It usually helps very much! I hope everything turns well for you! ^^

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I'm afraid to have the same problem someday so I usually keep my downloads on a Google Drive.
Someone already offered you a link to the editor so I think you're fine about this already. ^^

I'm here mostly to tell you to keep your files on a Google Drive connected to your email or maybe on MEGA if you have an acoount there. It usually helps very much! I hope everything turns well for you! ^^
Backing it up to a harddrive or a USB helps as well. Every time I've bought a digital vocaloid I immediately backed it up along with it's serial code.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Glad you managed to get a link! I've had issues like this before but with codes (rip to most of my vocaloids) but now I back up every installer I get and make sure I have access to them somehow, along with a spreadsheet or whatever with all my codes.

Reactions: Stardust

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
I think the best and safest practice is to have all your vocaloid downloads on physical media and digital. I keep all my download vocaloids install files on a flash drive (256 gb ones are around $35 these days) just in case I lose access to my digital/online storage.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
hey i just wanted to reply to this since i have been going back and forth with Yamaha about vocaloid things i needed help with and how i cannot download my original Vocaloid4 link. you CAN contact them about vocaloid4, thats why its still an option on their support form. just because its retired doesnt mean they ceased all suppport for it. they reset my download link in the past (also 2016) and emailing them recently i received help about this again, so long as i provided them the serial code, order number, and email i bought it through (if the email i used for support didnt match the one from purchase). they are a little slow to reply but have been able to help me with every single issue i had, even reseting the activations for vocaloids i couldnt deactivate before my pc died so i hope they can help you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)