• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid5 no sound from voicebank

Knight_Shade

New Fan
Jul 1, 2018
On the earth somewhere
Yup, it's me again, back with more Vocaloid troubles...

This time, I can't get V4 Flower to produce any sound in the Vocaloid5 editor. My other V3 and V4 voicebanks produce sound in the V5 editor, but not her. Why??? It can't be a phoneme problem because I checked and made sure. Why would she suddenly stop working? It doesn't make any sense. I tried a trick I found that someone suggested to get V3 and V4 banks that wouldn't show up to work in V5 by manually adding them to Windows registry, but that didn't work either. I'm so frustrated that this would just suddenly happen. She's not expired, I know that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I have seen this problem twice before. The first time was someone in the VocaVerse Discord suddenly had Cyber Songman for V5 stop singing, yet other Vocaloids would sing (they got him to work by using the "VOCALOID Authorizer" to deactivate and reactivate him). For you, I suggest that you try to use the "VOCALOID Deactivation Tool" to deactivate and reactivate flower (because VOCALOID Authorizer only works with V5loids), and tell us if it fixed your problem or not.

The second time I saw and experienced this firsthand was when the one-day-only trial for Hime and Mikoto Meika came out, half of the people couldn't get them to sing. There was literally no sound wave visible in the editor, but if you switched the singer, other Vocaloids would sing normally. For this, people kept trying to unsistall and reinstall the voices, but nothing worked, until inexplicably the next day they were suddenly singing.

I think it's some sort of hiccup for the activation servers where it thinks it's not active anymore and you basically have to "restart" by reactivating the vocal that suddenly stopped working.

Reactions: mobius017

Knight_Shade

New Fan
Jul 1, 2018
On the earth somewhere
I have seen this problem twice before. The first time was someone in the VocaVerse Discord suddenly had Cyber Songman for V5 stop singing, yet other Vocaloids would sing (they got him to work by using the "VOCALOID Authorizer" to deactivate and reactivate him). For you, I suggest that you try to use the "VOCALOID Deactivation Tool" to deactivate and reactivate flower (because VOCALOID Authorizer only works with V5loids), and tell us if it fixed your problem or not.

The second time I saw and experienced this firsthand was when the one-day-only trial for Hime and Mikoto Meika came out, half of the people couldn't get them to sing. There was literally no sound wave visible in the editor, but if you switched the singer, other Vocaloids would sing normally. For this, people kept trying to unsistall and reinstall the voices, but nothing worked, until inexplicably the next day they were suddenly singing.

I think it's some sort of hiccup for the activation servers where it thinks it's not active anymore and you basically have to "restart" by reactivating the vocal that suddenly stopped working.
I tried this and no dice. But, I was able to figure it out. After I updated to the latest version of the editor she stopped working, I went back to one of the older versions and now she works again. How odd? I guess for me it's a problem with the version of the editor. Kinda stinks I can't use the latest version with her but Ill hold out until Yamaha releases another update, maybe that problem will be solved then?

Thank you very much for your help!~

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
That is a weird and troublesome problem, but I think your information could help others in the future if they encounter the same problem (I never would have guessed that could fix the issue). If it helps, the only reason for the newest V5 update was something related to Hime and Mikoto Meika, so if you do not own them it should be fine (they released the update right before they were released and Gynoid said the update was directly related to them). Hopefully Yamaha releases an update again when another voice bank comes out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)