• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

vocals sound strange in VSQXs converted from USTs?

astrophonic

New Fan
Jul 9, 2022
for the record, i am not good at vocaloid4 at all, i don't know how to tune or anything. i received vocaloid4 as a birthday gift last year and have been using it for covers that i do with cover groups i run (human voices + vocaloids) but i've noticed that when converting USTs to VSQXs, the vocals sound strange? they sound shaky and kinda messed up, i don't know how to explain it.

i was hoping that maybe someone knows what i mean and maybe knows what to do about it? i'm a major novice with vocaloid programs in general and only really use the base, untuned vsqxs cuz i can't tune them myself. can anyone help figure out what the problem is?

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
because i cant see your file, i can only guess- but perhaps its converted the pitch bends from the ust over to the vsqx? and those can sound weird, so check your PIT parameter, and select all of the nodes (control+a or using the mouse tool to select it all) and delete them. but id be glad to take a look if you upload the file itself, either pm me or post it in this thread maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: astrophonic

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Hi, this will happen sometime when converting USTs to VSQ due to the original usts file has been modified. So when you convert them it end up like this.
cats.jpg
Because utau and vocaloid don't share the same parameters data or anything in common.

First safe approach is to use utau editor and export the project file as midi (.mid) so vocaloid editor can see them, although you have to typing the lyrics manually.

Second, is to clean all parameters one by one. How to do is quite simple, you zoom out as far as you can ( look at picture above), then go to parameters editor then you click and crop to highlight the entire song like this.
*Ctrl+A might end up delete all of your midi data, so i recommend you to crop it instead.
cats.jpg
Then hit delete button. It will reset to factory value.

This is the list of all parameters
cats.jpg

Hope this help.

astrophonic

New Fan
Jul 9, 2022
because i cant see your file, i can only guess- but perhaps its converted the pitch bends from the ust over to the vsqx? and those can sound weird, so check your PIT parameter, and select all of the nodes (control+a or using the mouse tool to select it all) and delete them. but id be glad to take a look if you upload the file itself, either pm me or post it in this thread maybe?
how do i check my PIT parameter? i'm a super super novice so i haven't even heard that term before lol and i didn't think to send the file! here's the file
i've converted usts to vsqxs before and they've all sounded like this so i figure that it has something to do with it originally being a ust but being converted over to a vsqx

Hi, this will happen sometime when converting USTs to VSQ due to the original usts file has been modified. So when you convert them it end up like this.
View attachment 6714
Because utau and vocaloid don't share the same parameters data or anything in common.

First safe approach is to use utau editor and export the project file as midi (.mid) so vocaloid editor can see them, although you have to typing the lyrics manually.

Second, is to clean all parameters one by one. How to do is quite simple, you zoom out as far as you can ( look at picture above), then go to parameters editor then you click and crop to highlight the entire song like this.
*Ctrl+A might end up delete all of your midi data, so i recommend you to crop it instead.
View attachment 6715
Then hit delete button. It will reset to factory value.

This is the list of all parameters
View attachment 6716

Hope this help.
oh interesting! i've never used the utau editor before so would it be okay to ask questions? i'll give it a try in the morning (its almost 2 AM for me now!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IO+

astrophonic

New Fan
Jul 9, 2022
Absolutely! We are here to help. Also, welcome to the forum!
thank you!! i ended up being busy today so i just got around to trying this but i've run into a problem: i can't even download UTAU T_T whenever i try to go to the website that is linked everywhere, this happens...
1657412119383.png
ive tried what is listed here and even tried different browsers but it didn't work ;_;... is there a different way for me to get the program??

Mys

Aspiring Fan
Sep 6, 2020
USA
twitter.com
Hey, I recently downloaded OpenUtau, an opensource and more updated version of Utau OpenUtau I don't know if you can convert a ust to a midi with it though.....I don't see an export option for it.

astrophonic

New Fan
Jul 9, 2022
Hey, I recently downloaded OpenUtau, an opensource and more updated version of Utau OpenUtau I don't know if you can convert a ust to a midi with it though.....I don't see an export option for it.
ahhh it wouldn't be of any use to me then T_T good to know that it exists tho!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
im not sure what you used to convert your file if you say you dont use utau, but if you havent used utaformatic i suggest it if the program is giving your issues-- its a website to convert a vocal synth file to multiple other vocal synth files types, it will also give you the option to convert the pitch bends as well as other options.

UtaFormatix
(i would suggest only touching the "convert pitch parameters" on/off settings if you dont know what anything else means. however if you did use this site and youre having the wobbly issue, its probably that! so make sure to turn it off!)

have you still had trouble reaching the pitch parameter to potentially fix your issue? or what you dont that and checked to see if the pitch bends were there?

astrophonic

New Fan
Jul 9, 2022
im not sure what you used to convert your file if you say you dont use utau, but if you havent used utaformatic i suggest it if the program is giving your issues-- its a website to convert a vocal synth file to multiple other vocal synth files types, it will also give you the option to convert the pitch bends as well as other options.

UtaFormatix
(i would suggest only touching the "convert pitch parameters" on/off settings if you dont know what anything else means. however if you did use this site and youre having the wobbly issue, its probably that! so make sure to turn it off!)

have you still had trouble reaching the pitch parameter to potentially fix your issue? or what you dont that and checked to see if the pitch bends were there?
OMG YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE!!!! utaformatix is what i was using and i didn't touch any of the settings, so convert pitch parameters was set on, i just turned it off and redownloaded the converted vsqx and it sounds perfect now!!!! aaaaaaaaa thank you so much!

Reactions: morrysillusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)