• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCAMERICA @ Anime Midwest 2018

Chickadee

Sprite Artist
Apr 10, 2018
U.S.A.
chickadee39.carrd.co
Hey, I was going to be going to the Vocamerica show being held at Anime Midwest near Chicago this year in July! I was curious if I could expect to see any other fans there. If I'm not feeling too anxious this year, I may go cosplaying as Sonika~

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT
I am not going, I am from Germany, but just curious, is this the first event like this? What is it like? Is it a live concert with projections like Miku has?
It's a series of events and this one is the 4th, I think. They also were in Switzerland. They are licensed fan-made live concerts of Western Vocaloids like MAIKA, DEX and DAINA and some famous UTAUs like Aiko Kyuune. They sing original songs and some covers of songs by producers like Mitchie M.

Chickadee

Sprite Artist
Apr 10, 2018
U.S.A.
chickadee39.carrd.co
I am not going, I am from Germany, but just curious, is this the first event like this? What is it like? Is it a live concert with projections like Miku has?
Well, the first Vocamerica show was in November 2016. They went on to have 10 shows in 2017 in various U.S. States, and one other held by a partner group in Switzerland (source). They planned 5 concerts for 2018 in the U.S., one of which already happened, as well as one other planned in the Czech Republic, and one other that was held in Spain. (source)
That means that this particular event I've posted about will be their 17th show...! Wow!!

They are sort of like Miku's concerts, but they don't have a live band backing, and I believe their projection technique is slightly different? Still rear projected, but I think they have fewer projectors, and may project on something other than glass. You can check out some clips of theirs on their website, here~

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I had a look and it is pretty interesting. Not badly made.
Wouldn't be my thing since I don't know any of the songs or Vocaloids and am not really into English stuff, but I definitely give them credit and I am sure people who are fans would love this.
Enjoy!^^

Reactions: Chickadee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)