• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Voice types that you want

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
Are there any voice types that you really want or that you think are missing? It's okay to mention ones that we already have but maybe there are japanese ones that are like what you want but you want an english vocaloid with that voice type and so on. You can also put examples of real singers here. I hope that makes sense?

I really want more lower voices for the english Vocaloids. When it comes to female low voices we only have Lola, Sweet Ann, Prima and Avanna. Lola is.. well, V1. Prima is quite niche, Avanna can be too soft for a lot of songs and she doesn't handle higher notes that good. So the only powerful low female voice that we have is Sweet Ann and she is from V2 and was actually meant for V1. A newer one would be so good.
And I also noticed that we don't really have low male english voices. There are Tonio and Big Al and that's.. it. And both sound weird most of the time. I really hoped that Chris would have a deep voice but he doesn't. It's getting really frustrating.

Reactions: First Sound Future

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm probably the only one who wants to see this but I think the English fandom is missing a cutesy high pitched female vocal that actually sounds nice like Miku or Tianyi. Some did come very close being just that but failed one way or another. For example there is Nana, Ruby and Miku herself but the three sound kind of... odd.

Nana has an accent that can sometimes get annoying to work with as I've found out when working with her English trial. And personally... I think her tone can get kind of weird, I don't think it's as cutesy as a vocal that is missing within Engloids. The only reason I'm including her here because she's supposed to sound cute according to her character/her company.

Miku sounds much cuter than Nana imo but she still has an accent that can be a bit difficult to work with as I've heard. And some of her phonemes (?) can at times sound choppy I think (I might be using a wrong word here).

Ruby is another strange vocaloid. Her pronunciation is good since her vp's native language is English but her voice is sometimes not really nice to listen to. Depending on a song it's sometimes too loud and there also seems to be engine noise to it.

Sonika was probably the closest the English Vocaloid fandom was to getting a voice type I described earlier... But she's full of bugs and her voice is a bit on the soft side. (Not to mention that she's on an outdated engine and chances of her getting an update are probably low)

Rin also sounds really soft when she should sound like a power vocal. It's pretty disappointing but hopefully her English will be improved for V5/V6.

That got kind of long but if I missed someone, I'd like to be reminded if possible.

Other than wanting to see a Miku-like Engloid, I would too like to see more lower voices if possible, I do have hopes that maybe Zero-g's upcoming rock vocaloid will be a mature female vocal that we didn't have last generation. At the same time tho, I'm not sure if the rock vocalist will even be a female vocal and I think it's been 2-3 years since we last heard of it so it might have been stopped being worked on entirely. :/ (Unless it's being worked on for V5 which I really hope is the case)

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm probably the only one who wants to see this but I think the English fandom is missing a cutesy high pitched female vocal that actually sounds nice like Miku or Tianyi. Some did come very close being just that but failed one way or another. For example there is Nana, Ruby and Miku herself but the three sound kind of... odd.
i second this!! i was just thinking of how great it'd be if we got a vocal like that for v5. i like rin's eng, but maybe a cutesy vocal that... articulates more? i don't know how to put it, but i feel like it's hard to understand what she's saying pretty often.
i live for vocals like miku's sweet append and aoki lapis, too. just, higher, soft, breathy vocals. i'd LOVE to see more of those, especially in other languages.

nalondollie

the-ghost-of-a-cyber-princess

Nana has an accent that can sometimes get annoying to work with as I've found out when working with her English trial. And personally... I think her tone can get kind of weird, I don't think it's as cutesy as a vocal that is missing within Engloids. The only reason I'm including her here because she's supposed to sound cute according to her character/her company.

Miku sounds much cuter than Nana imo but she still has an accent that can be a bit difficult to work with as I've heard. And some of her phonemes (?) can at times sound choppy I think (I might be using a wrong word here).

Ruby is another strange vocaloid. Her pronunciation is good since her vp's native language is English but her voice is sometimes not really nice to listen to. Depending on a song it's sometimes too loud and there also seems to be engine noise to it.

Sonika was probably the closest the English Vocaloid fandom was to getting a voice type I described earlier... But she's full of bugs and her voice is a bit on the soft side. (Not to mention that she's on an outdated engine and chances of her getting an update are probably low)

Rin also sounds really soft when she should sound like a power vocal. It's pretty disappointing but hopefully her English will be improved for V5/V6.

That got kind of long but if I missed someone, I'd like to be reminded if possible.

Other than wanting to see a Miku-like Engloid, I would too like to see more lower voices if possible, I do have hopes that maybe Zero-g's upcoming rock vocaloid will be a mature female vocal that we didn't have last generation. At the same time tho, I'm not sure if the rock vocalist will even be a female vocal and I think it's been 2-3 years since we last heard of it so it might have been stopped being worked on entirely. :/ (Unless it's being worked on for V5 which I really hope is the case)
This might be in the same vein but I think a young girl vocal in English would be cool! Someone to duet with Oliver haha

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I agree with the sentiment that we don't really have a cutesy native Engloid voice yet. We've gotten somewhat close with like Cyber Diva and Ruby (actually Oliver might basically all we really have for cutesy)... and while they're both higher and cute they aren't really like cutesy? Diva strains on her words and I think Ruby has a kinda sporty sound if that makes sense

on the other side of the spectrum I think we need more deeper female Engloids, I think Amy fills it in nicely but I'd like one that isn't nasal, just in general I think we need more engloids that aren't nasal

I'm very thankful for all the V4 engloids and I love most of them very dearly, but ever single one of them was nasal (some more than others) and I just... I want more powerful deep Engloids that don't sound like they have something stuck in their nose or sound like they're straining to get words out. Can we have more Big Als and Lolas pls thanks lol

for Japanese banks I feel like every possible female voice type has been filled in at this point. But I feel like for guys we need more super deep guys. I'd like to see a bassy male japanese bank and I'll be incredibly impressed if it ever happens

Reactions: lil_eggo and Mika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)