• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Voiceroid 2 / Synthesizer V Tsuina-chan News

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Alright, I've compiled a selection of one-eyed creatures from Japanese folklore so we can all get ready for our first male English Synth V:

Hitotsume-kozō:

Yamajijii:

For the furries, Sagari:

Why stop at one eye when you could also have one leg? says Ippon-Datara:

And finally, a different take, Shirime:

Personally I love all these lads and I hope they don't change the design one bit

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think the oni he could be be is Ayo no sato no oni (阿用郷の鬼)
ayonosato.jpg

Once upon a time there lived a wild demon, who was very large and had only one eye. He appeared in the fields and when the farmers were busy, he took away their child and begun to eat it.
Source

On its Wikipedia article, they say he is a 目一鬼 (mahitotsu oni / one eyed oni). Or maybe it would be an original character? I hope he has an eye patch or a scar and isn't a cyclops...

My sister said he might be this

Reactions: WyndReed and lIlI

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
By the way, the most popular guess for the voice actor it could be (as in the answer I saw the most in comments/retweets and received 56% on one poll) is Takehito Koyasu (子安武人), here's his MyAnimeList credentials:

If it's true, we're gonna get a cool voice (here's a compilation):

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Tsuina-chan has replied!

Eheheheh, I think I caused confusion……///ξ😅ξ

The one-eyed oni:

Edit: The text on the left of the image says he is the one-eyed demon, Tsuina-chan's greatest enemy.

Ayo no sato no oni was the correct guess:

Bonus:
I made 2 threads and Tsuina-chan is reacting to the 2nd one:

A-as long as there is a budget......💦

There isn't really cultural opposition from Japanese users to the creation of an English voice bank~///
It's just that there isn't a budget (nor the likelihood of selling a lot)……///ξ😅ξ

If there is a budget, even I would like to make a bilingual one-eyed demon!

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I found out that Tsuina-chan has actually appeared in 2 anime so far.

There is a PR character named En no Odzuna (役小角奈) who had an anime in 2019 called "Fudou Myou-ou (不動明王小呪)" and Tsuina-chan appeared in it. It aired at Tokyo City i (a tourist info place). It was drawn by kakera, but they privatized their YouTube videos so we can't watch it, I guess. Here is a clip, though!

Tsuina-chan appeared in season 3 of Chou-Futsuu Toshi KASHIWA Densetsu R (超普通都市カシワ伝説R). This anime airs on Chiba TEREBI & the Tsuina-chan episode is from 2020. It was paid for through crowdfunding. Here is the episode:

So if she really is going to have an anime, I assume it will be a small/relatively low budget one.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Voice actor ended up being Nozomu Sasaki (佐々木望).
List of roles: Nozomu Sasaki

Audio examples:

Official blog post: 【声優】 【拡散希望】佐々木望さんが目一つ鬼役のCVに決定いたしました❣ξ😆ξ【速報‼】 - 【鬼っ子ハンターついなちゃん】(CV:門脇舞以)プロジェクト! (ついなちゃん【CV:門脇舞以・原作:大辺璃紗季】)の投稿|ファンティア[Fantia]

He is going to be in a voice drama. It will be ready in May (some time during the 1st ~ 10th aka joujun).

They gave sample quotes, but surprisingly he talks about his historical lore in them. It seems he is a college student working part time at a cafe called Ayo (this is related to the reason for "Ayo no sato no oni", in the ye olde lore it's what the kid about to be eaten said to point out the bamboo his parents were hiding behind was moving). There's something going on involving a mysterious man wearing a kitsune mask (aka just him in a mask) and it's related to a kitsune revival political group.

thumb_07a3f60b-6cef-4809-af74-86f5245fea43.jpg

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
The news for the voice actor is not an April Fool's joke (I scrolled through a lot of tweets but I don't want to go back and find that one).

Tsuina's Twitter person says that they picked Nozomu because he can do both a gentle voice and an intimidating voice (seems like a final boss vibe).

This drama will help expand the story of Tsuina's world. I think that it's possible this plot related to the one-eyed oni and the kitsune mask people would be used in the "anime adaptation planning" because the hashtag is still being used when mentioning this topic.

Okay, I kept scrolling and they did indeed say this character is part of preparation for an anime adaptation, they are gradually going to expand on her world, so please continue to support her. Also, the Tsuina Twitter person is the only person on the team right now:

It seems Japanese users are big fans of this voice (particularly his role as Johan from the Monster anime and would back a crowdfunding for a synth voice for him without hesitation. (I strongly doubt it would be an English bank, but they say it would be cool to make the 1st bilingual male Synth V character).

It also depends on if his voice provider would even consent, though.

They won't release clips of his voice until next month along with a mini voice drama.

They are going to have auditions for the voice actors of 2 students:

I will attempt to read the chart later, because the font is tiny/blurry and frustrating me. I think the young boy is Kotarou and his brother vanished but the one-eyed demon is using his face or something like that. The girl is Tsuina's friend who she wants to protect but she actually has a split personality.

Says they don't want to suddenly make a voice synth because it's awkward, but they have various plans for voice bank developments:

That's enough investigating for now...
:ring_ani_lili:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Not sure if you already know, but if you open twitter images in a new tab, it'll open at the original resolution which should make the text easier to read (if not, you can replace whatever filesize is in the url with "orig" -- though I think now they should automatically open at full res?). The text is still really small, but it should help!

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
It’s great news that the anime is definitely real!
I guess it won’t get an English translation, but I‘m looking forward to it nonetheless!

Reactions: uncreepy

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Progress of the Tsuina-chan model by tumidango
It's done for the most part but will be released around the time her Synth V voice is ready.
main_7e30a139-3d01-473a-ae77-ffd06b475230.jpg

2-2.png

3-2.png

4-2.png
Source:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018

Not sure if this is a sketch of what will be the final art, but she's replied to people saying it's her Standard Synth V design. She responded to someone else saying that hopefully she'll make her debut later this year (though I think we all kinda assumed that, but it's nice to have the reconfirmation that she's still on schedule).

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Artwork of Tsuina's friend, Saki, who has a split personality due to a stone (the split personality is working for the Kitsune mask group). They will do voice auditions for in the future (for drama CD):

I noticed I think I forgot to post some translations about her, I wonder if I can figure out where my translation doc is.
:ring_ani_lili:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Tsuina is now up for preorder! Release date is November 26.

Samples are on this page (scroll down).

Complete physical is 18,480 yen (16,280 yen with AHS customer discount).
DL versions are 9,680 yen each.

(Also, I'm gonna rename the thread since this is about a lot more than just Tsuina's Voiceroid now)

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Her voice is just perfect. Sorry twins, but Tsuina std is my favorite jpn synthv now
Although it seems that synthv ai bank are really starting to sound... samey? Rikka, Maki, Karin and Tsuina's ai banks all sound similar, although still distinguishable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)