• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOICEVOX News and Discussion Thread

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Might as well make this software have its own thread? Since VOICEVOX seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

Wakamatsu Akashi and Kigashima Sourin from VirVox Project have both been announced to be joining Generation 7 with a release date of February 22, 2023!

Generation 7 was previously announced with Holy Knight Benizakura, who's part of the VOICEVOX x A.I.VOICE collaboration, releasing on the same day as Kurita Maron's free A.I.VOICE bank!

Reactions: InstallGentoo

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
And a slight refresher of 2023 news
Engine-wise
The trademark for VOICEVOX was finally filed and approved back in January 29!
Not sure what this does tbh but it's a boon to VOICEVOX users i guess

VOICEVOX updated to version 0.14.0 back in January 31! Which includes voice morphing, which is kinda like VOCALOID's XSY feature,
and Multi-engine! Which allows you to use other engines that use VOICEVOX's API in VOICEVOX's own UI!
Engines that use VOICEVOX'S UI include COEIROINK (and it's offshoot, MyCOEIROINK), LMROID, SHAREVOX and ITAVOICE.
VOICEVOX's engine was also moved to Rust, it's more on the technical side of things so I'm not sure why it's good but it happened!
Versions 14.1 - 14.4 were implemented as well, fixing various bugs and such.

Voice Models-wise

Back in January 4, VOICEVOX released a demo of their VOICEVOX NEMO Voices, voices that can be used commercially for free.

As part of Kiritan's VOICEPEAK Crowdfund, Chugoku Usagi will be getting a VOICEVOX bank after reaching the CF reached its 3rd milestone
Zundamon will also receive two additional styles after the CF reached its 10th milestone

As part of Tsuina's Crowdfund (relating to smth about bringing a shrine to a niconico festival, i never really understood it), Goki will be getting an additional style based on her anthro demon design after the CF reached its first milestone

VirVox Project has also tweeted about planned additional styles for Aoyama Ryusei, which they've previously announced before alongside Kotarou and Takehiro's additional styles during a speech festival.

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Generation 7 released!

VOICEVOX 0.14.5 update brings Holy Knight Benizakura, Wakamatsu Akashi and Kigashima Sourin to VOICEVOX (they also fixed a bug)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
They're cute ~ However iunno why I suddenly feel like nicknaming them the Cat-onoha sisters //shot

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMGGGGG they sound so great ! ;w;"' Ironically I would have expected them to both sound high-pitched, but I actually love B's voice because it sounds refreshing and working on a contrast may have its share of realism between siblings/counterparts

Reactions: junky

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Chuugoku Usagi came out to with 4 emotions “Normal, Surprise, Fear, Hey Hey Hey”. Namine Ritsu and Mochiko & Anko also got new emotions with ritsu gaining the “Queen” and Mochiko & Anko gaining the “Sexy” emotion but it’s specifically labeled to be for Anko and not Mochiko. Are they like different characters that share the same bank?
0EAD7D81-8717-458F-A3A3-4330D368ACA1.jpeg

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Okar U-Ray Chan’s Voicevox design has been revealed along with the human design for Tsukumo Chan. Tsukumo Chan a ghost companion to U-Ray Chan. Tsukumo Chan doesn’t have a whole vb for herself, but U-Ray will have an emotion parameter which is meant to be used when u want Tsukumo to speak. Also voicevox said that they’re gonna release somewhere after 9th generation.
71373589-1401-4FA1-A423-968787320A58.png

UStella also posted an example of what Tsukumo and U-ray will sound like (Tsukumo first, and U-ray second it’s real person speaking not voicevox)

And also, apperantlu U-ray’s real name is Hinagiku Lumi. Another ustella vb that’s named (kind of) like a Vocaloid 😭

Last edited:

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
Okar U-Ray Chan’s Voicevox design has been revealed along with the human design for Tsukumo Chan. Tsukumo Chan a ghost companion to U-Ray Chan. Tsukumo Chan doesn’t have a whole vb for herself, but U-Ray will have an emotion parameter which is meant to be used when u want Tsukumo to speak. Also voicevox said that they’re gonna release somewhere after 9th generation.
View attachment 7705

UStella also posted an example of what Tsukumo and U-ray will sound like (Tsukumo first, and U-ray second it’s real person speaking not voicevox)

And also, apperantlu U-ray’s real name is Hinagiku Lumi. Another ustella vb that’s named (kind of) like a Vocaloid 😭
First U-Stella designs I actually like..she's cute lol

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I love her. I love that she looks like a classic UTAUloid. I love her giant mechanical keyboard, her color scheme, her ridiculous shirt. She has a tie. I love her hair colors and the programmatically generated hairpiece. I love that she is almost literally a modern OS-tan creation. Gotta hear her voice ASAP!

edit: surprised to see chiteico in the thread, that's someone I've talked to a lot

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)