• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

wav sampling rate

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
sorry if this is a dumb question but i am not very tech savvy lol :ring_ani_lili:

in vocaloid4 everytime i try to import a wav i always get a popup saying "The imported WAV will not be played because its sampling rate is different from the current sampling rate"
It does this on every single wav, I've tried dozens of different ones

what does this mean and how do i fix it

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just from the error message, it sounds like Vocaloid 4 has some kind of sampling rate setting. I assume you could find it under some kind of Options menu or rendering menu or something. Anyway, the WAV you're putting in (maybe for a backing instrumental?) has a different sampling rate. I'm guessing they need to be the same because maybe V4 can't convert them to match before rendering.

So you'd either need to change V4's sample rate setting, or convert the WAV to the required sample rate.

For further context if its needed, WAVs have different sampling rates that determine sound quality. More samples per second is higher sound quality.

I'm not a big V4 user at all, but based on the error message, that sounds like a reasonable guess.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I cant find anywhere a way to change v4s sample rate setting, do you know how i could covert a wav to a different sample rate?

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
You can change V4's sampling rate. Settings > Preferences > Audio Settings - sampling rate dropdown box is the first option. If it's on 44100, try 48000, that's usually what fixes it for me! If it's already 48000, switch it to 44100. I've never had to use the 96000 option, but if neither of the other two work, it's an option.

Reactions: cafenurse

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
You can change V4's sampling rate. Settings > Preferences > Audio Settings - sampling rate dropdown box is the first option. If it's on 44100, try 48000, that's usually what fixes it for me! If it's already 48000, switch it to 44100. I've never had to use the 96000 option, but if neither of the other two work, it's an option.
oh thank you so much that worked!!! mine was defaulted on the 96000 option which was maybe why it wasnt working. I dont know how it got there, I've never messed with those settings before lol. Thank you!

Reactions: Rylitah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)