• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID What are your thoughts on Vocaloid covers of english songs?

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Are Vocaloid covers of english songs looked down on or just not very popular? Now I might be completely wrong and everyone will say how popular it is on Youtube, Twitter, or anywhere else, but I don't go anywhere else to be a part of the VOCALOID community. I wondering if there is some sort of unspoken stigma against. Personally I haven't been tempted to share the covers I make because it just doesn't seem like something anyone is really interested it. I haven't seen anyone raise this question before so I'm really curious to know what everyone thinks about it.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Afaik there's definitely no stigma against it! In fact a lot of Vocaloid covers of English songs have gotten decent attention! It depends on how big your following is, if you spread it around, which Vocaloid(s) you used, and of course how skilled the cover is! Definitely try sharing yours if you've done some! I'd like to see what you've got :D

If you want an example, I know Jirai does Vocaloid covers of well-known English songs and they do pretty well!
- 86k views
- 62k views
- 127k views(!!)

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Ya I follow him as well! I guess i'm just trying to get a feel for the committees interests. It's just a little difficult to tell if what i do is good or cringy. I keep asking myself things like "Do people really want to hear Miku sing Opportunities by the Pet shop boys?" >_>

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Don't mind the Stanky placeholder Midi Instrumental

@sketchesofpayne I made an edit. Its such shorter but the is this is what I could com up with. The pitch is just too low for me to make Miku sing the rest without being difficult to understand. I'm just not confident I can make it in a way that does both the song and Miku's voice justice. If was fun to try replicating the accent though:giggle:

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Thanks I've been woking on a new technique. Feel 100% sure to be negative about anything I make. It makes me get better.
hmmm perhaps the breaths sound a little too strong, like shes gasping more than breathing. but thats really all i notice i love it so far :)

Reactions: Ronny777

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I've listened to far too much Pet Shop Boys music. If I personally were doing a cover, I would have to go in and manually give Miku a British accent for it to sound right to me. :tongue: (Like "awp paah choo nit heez" instead of "awp perr toon hit teez")

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ronny777

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
I've listened to far too much Pet Shop Boys music. If I personally were doing a cover, I would have to go in and manually give Miku a British accent for it to sound right to me. :tongue: (Like "awp paah choo nit heez" instead of "awp perr toon hit teez")
I admit I did the cover because of a random song generator prompt. I'd never heard the song before so I didn't properly analyze the way he sang. Now I plan on trying to make a version that make her sound closer to the original with a lowered pitch and accent. With the midi I'm working with, the pitch is awkward. It's either too high or too low for Miku.It will be an interesting experiment.

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)