• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What does your username mean?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I thought it'd be fun to hear the meanings of members' usernames. What's the meaning behind your username or reason why you chose it?
As for me, hama is derived from the two first syllables of my surname. "no" at the end is just a random third syllable because I thought that simply "hama" sounded a bit silly :D It doesn't carry any deeper meanings.

Aqua-P

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
I chose "Aqua" because it is the name of a famous character from the Kingdom Hearts universe (Whose Kingdom Hearts 3 will normally be released this year) and I love his character and his design. After the -P (you know what it is) it's friends who learned about Vocaloid and a Vocalo-P and insisted on putting it on me but I really wonder if I deserve it...

Stardust Daydreamer

~ Magic, Mental Health, and Music ~
Apr 9, 2018
Stardust Daydreamer is a combination of two online names I use regularly. Also, I love galaxy/space themed stuff (hence “Stardust”) and I daydream a lot (hence “Daydreamer”).

Reactions: Daveybear_HTID
Zar-Party is a trilingual riddle with multiple meanings. (Russian, German, English)
Don't pay attention to the caps lock, it's just there to make it faster to type. No one has ever come close to solve its meaning.
Because I want someone to solve the riddle one day, I won't give you an answer. To solve it, you will need to know me well and know those 3 languages. I can only tell you of what it consists.

Zar-P + Arty-Party = Zar-Party

Zar-P - a nickname I gave myself when I wasn't knowledged about the "-P"'s meaning.
Zar - German translation of the words "tsar" or "czar"; comes from the Russian language; is pronounced the same way in all 3 of them, also in Japanese; monarchs who ruled over Russia before the February Revolution in 1917.

Arty-Party - a nickname that I was given in high school by a girl; "Party" was intended to refer to my happy personality.
Arty - refers to my real name. What might it be...?
Party - might also refer to anything that the English language calls a "party".

On Japanese sites I either use zar or ツサール・パーティー.
Combining all this together with personal things that one can find out, a nickname with multiple but less than 10 meanings comes out.
If you want to try it out, just PM me. If you find one of the hidden meanings, I will confess if it's true. If you find all of them, then you are a true detective and will grant my deepest respect.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
"mobius" is sort of an oblique reference to one of my favorite fictional characters. In terms of personality, we're almost echoes of each other. The number "017" was chosen when I signed up for VO. There was already a "mobius," so rather than simply add "1," I chose a number that I sort of associate with said character.

While I was on another forum, I started a sort of tradition of having a lowercase user name, in part because I thought it made it look a little different, and partly because I thought it made it look less presumptuous (I was using a different name then.).

Having said all that, I don't mind if you just call me "mobius." The digits are a pain to type, and I think of it as a sort of nickname. Upper or lowercase are fine, too (There's actually someone I know who almost never capitalizes my real name, which surprisingly irritates me, so I've come to appreciate seeing my handle with a capital on it sometimes.).

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
Okay, this is a very fun story. When I was very little I had an obsession for Ojamajo DoReMi, and since I had a OC named I got to use her name for a very long time (I seriously mispelled Doremi as Doreli at times...) After some year I decided to have a change as I didn't want to be referred as my own UTAU anymore, and it became Dorelly. DorellyMimi was more of a catchy nickname I used on Twitter 'cuz of my friends!

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
Used to play an X-men video game on the SNES (edit: not n64) favorite character was Cyclops (Scott Summers) because I could fight from a safe distance. First used the name summers50 on Runescape ('04 I believe), and Ive used it for everywhere since then.
Literally my username for everything. Vocaloid + Mew
Mew like the Pokemon?

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Used to play an X-men video game on the SNES (edit: not n64) favorite character was Cyclops (Scott Summers) because I could fight from a safe distance. First used the name summers50 on Runescape ('04 I believe), and Ive used it for everywhere since then.

Mew like the Pokemon?
Nah fam the Vocaloid

Reactions: summers50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)