• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID What Theoretical Vocaloid, Voicebank, or Append Would You Buy?

Stardust Daydreamer

~ Magic, Mental Health, and Music ~
Apr 9, 2018
I’m asking this as a theoretical, since companies will make what they want to make.

When I ask this, I mean is there a specific voicetype you want, a Vocaloid that you want to sing in a certain language, or a specific append/secondary voicebank that you would buy, no questions asked? If you want to include specific avatar types, that works too!

Personally, if Tianyi, Clara, or Stardust got an English voicebank, I’d be all over it! I know Chalili (Stardust’s vp) can sing in English really well, so it’d be possible for Stardust, at least.

It’d be cool to have a female voice that works well with lower notes in the editor rather than high notes, especially an alto or mezzo soprano voice (admittedly, there’s several female Vocaloids that work well below C3, but it’d be nice to have more of them!). I’d like to be able to sing songs that I write, thanks...

Also, if I could get appends/alternative voicebanks for Cul, that would be amazing. Specifically, her voice is pretty powerful, so I’d like a soft/dark append for her. I know I’ll never get one, but still, it’d be cool!

(Hopefully this post is okay?)

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
i know it probably wouldn't happen, but i'd buy Rana english in a heartbeat. lol
a little more likely to happen, i'd totally be on board for a Rana append or two, like a soft append or a mature append of any kind.

i'd also love to see the ZOLA boys get appends too, that'd certainly be interesting hhee

ive kinda adopted a 'never say never' mindset after Rion of all people managed to get an update, so i'm open to anything. hahah

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I would like to see Arsloid get a good update or least know that he'll go to the V5 update once the editor is announced. : V
Or maybe have the rest of the Arsmagna crew get their own Vocaloids too. (^,^)/

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Tough call to be honest. I know for english I just want a really high quality power vocal good for pop or rock (Ruby was a step in the right direction but something sharper and crisper than that is what I'm thinking) since a lot of english side vocals seem to either be really soft or for a niche style. I guess I would also Ilike something like Jodi Benson when she was doing Ariel would be nice too. Or Maybe a voice like Oktavia over on youtube when she sings slower more theatrical style pieces. (Seriously I just love her covers of Sing = Like a magic, Tailor of enbizaka, Mirai, and Daughter of Evil where they are all slower songs but let her really show off. Ironically I find her most popular cover songs like Housewife radio and hate hate huge ego just don't mesh with her voice that well)

AstroNinja

Staff member
Mar 25, 2018
I dunno if this is included in the intended question, but theres a few famous english singers I would love to see make voicebanks. Ozzy Osborne vocaloid anyone?

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
I only really like Japanese Vocaloids, but I have to admit I would love my Miku-chan to sing in my native language German...definitely would get that just to support but also experiment with that. But I don't think there is any German Vocaloid so far...still, if somebody gets a German voicebank, it could be Miku!
I think the closest you are gonna get is one of the AHS vocaloid since they seem to be doing a lot of business in Germany. THough you could probably use one of the engloids to fake german

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I think the closest you are gonna get is one of the AHS vocaloid since they seem to be doing a lot of business in Germany. THough you could probably use one of the engloids to fake german
Not only that, but before VO shut down we were speculating that Miku might get a Spanish Voicebank. There were few evidences pointing to that if Crypton wanted to give Miku another language voicebank. : 0
I even remembered a joke I made once when I learned about Miku v4 Chinese: "Miku v2 (Japanese), Miku v3 English, Miku v4 Chinese, Miku v5 Spanish. ; 3"

sleepysheep7

Apr 8, 2018
Not only that, but before VO shut down we were speculating that Miku might get a Spanish Voicebank. There were few evidences pointing to that if Crypton wanted to give Miku another language voicebank. : 0
I even remembered a joke I made once when I learned about Miku v4 Chinese: "Miku v2 (Japanese), Miku v3 English, Miku v4 Chinese, Miku v5 Spanish. ; 3"
I think I remember that joke.

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
German all the way! My boyfriend speaks German, and it would be so cute if he could help me make a song in German using a VB specifically designed for it >~< I don't know German myself, but if he helped me I'd make a song for him <3 I'd prefer it for Luka, though!

Kurenai_Akari

Doujin lyricist/Producer & MEIKO fanatic
Apr 8, 2018
Somewhere in Cali
piapro.jp
Technically it's not a Vocaloid, but if it was available for public use, I'd buy the hide program.

Background on hide: Hideto "hide" Matsumoto was the guitarist for the band X Japan. On May 2nd 1998, hide passed away due to an apparent suicide (this theory has been a subject of heavy debate among fans & even his own bandmates [namely the leader, Yoshiki, insisting that his death was accidental]).

In December 2014, a new single named "Co gal" was released posthumously by using hide's voice with the support from Yamaha with the Vocaloid program.

Reactions: Kazumi

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
It's so cool to see how many people would cheer for a german 'loid! :o
Totally me as well.
It'd be a dream to have a voicebank like MAIKA designed for german. Like with all needed phonemes for german + [w] and [4], because then the voicebank should be able to pronounce japanese properly as well and recreating english with it could be possible as well (with a heavy accent, but...). That'd be so super amazing.~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)