• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID What's your favorite Vocaloid PV(s)?

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i don't think we have a thread about this yet, which is wild!
what are some of your favorite PV's, either recently or a long time favorite?

the PV for Otome Dissection has quickly become close to my heart. i'm a sucker for manga-esque PV's, and i love how the lyrics float on the screen during the chorus. another one i love is the one for Delusion Girl. there's such an interesting balance of concrete detail and metaphors that i found myself replaying it just to catch something new in the PV. thank you sidu ;v;

Reactions: lIlI

CV420

Ultimate Lurker
May 23, 2018
California
www.youtube.com
I have a few, though all of them are kinda old because I rarely watch/care for PV's anymore. Some of my favorites:

Tower, only because this was the first anime-like PV I'd ever seen back when I was a kid. I thought it was amazing.

This story of evil trailer, which is kind of a PV. Once again, more anime stuff lol

The Little Mermaid, I especially loved this one because Luka/Len was such a rare pair to see back then.

Alluring Secret. Still really love the art style in this!! (Pls Sega...put this in Project Diva)

Witch.

Synchronicity 2/3. Once again, loved the art style and fantasy AU. I remember watching the Synchronicity songs all the time and wishing it was an actual game/anime haha.

A.K.A I miss when producers actually used the Vocaloids themselves in the PVs instead of their OC characters that you see nowadays. (Looking at you, Honeyworks...) Also story driven PVs.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I miss when producers actually used the Vocaloids themselves in the PVs instead of their OC characters that you see nowadays. (Looking at you, Honeyworks...) Also story driven PVs.
I miss the videos with the actual Vocaloid characters as well, because it personally made me engage with and connect to the mascots a bit more than just hearing their voices in a song. Videos featuring OCs don't have that same impact to me.

I don't really watch PVs anymore either, but I did like Sand Planet when it came out because I loved the animation and art style.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I have to agree with what has been said about using Vocaloid characters in PVs, I miss them too. I wish that especially those big name producers who have permission to use characters commercially (depends on the Vocaloid company), would use them more.

Pinocchio-P's PVs are generally good in my opinion, plus what's great is that he illustrates the PVs himself most of the time. And he uses Miku in his videos.
For example, I really like the PV of "Ghosts play to the audience".

I also like many LamazeP's PVs. They tend to be somewhat simple, but cute.

Of course I have to mention "Suna no Wakusei" too for it's fully animated PV and narrative take.

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia
One of my favorite recent work is Shannon's Shi ni Tsuite (translation: About death, a song about O-bon I believe). He also made the illustration by himself.

Song that use Vocaloid in the PV still exist, it's categorized as Vocaloid Image song (VOCALOIDイメージソング). But it is not as popular as it was back then. For people missing that times, Try #Null# (NND link) by Wakaba, he's one of the few that still go with this style of music. Look at that thumbnail :miku_ani_lili:

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I love the PV for Streaming Heart. Not only does it have a great aesthetic to fit with a good song, but it uses Miku in a really clever way. Since she's singing about the mutual realization that the relationship is destroying itself, they had her play the role of some kind of omnipotent chaos being trying to destroy the relationship by driving both parties to act more destructively. It's much more clever than simply drawing her as one of the members of the relationship which is what usually would happen. it also fits with what everyone else in the thread has been saying about wanting to see the Vocaloid's themselves in the PVs.

falchionne

Casual Obsession
Mar 13, 2019
I do certainly enjoy it most when the producer puts in the Vocaloid's.
I don't know more recent PVs too much, because I don't watch them like I used to! ((´д´)) My favorite in high school was Rolling Girl (which I guess has it's own MADs now?).

I've also always enjoyed DECO*27 creations. Another one from a few years ago, featuring Gumi, Mozaik Role. I guess I loved these PVs with sad-ish themes.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Definitely the Synchronicity videos. Stunning. I'm also partial to Old Radio, and back in the day I was a fan of Kokoro. I'd also say I like the Detention Teacher one a lot, although it doesn't involve actual 'loids, aside from flower's popups.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
I really like some of the.. more gory and weird PVs? They are super interesting to watch in my opinion.
Hana Ichimonme from Team Kamiuta or Monuke no Karada by M18k would be some examples.
Oh, and Namida Shika Kikoenai by Sedo Sounder is my favorite PV with an MMD model. It's so expressive with it's stylistic choices. Especially the end part! Always amazes me.

Sep 21, 2019
Oh, man. This is one thread where I could ramble on and on about how many different PVs I like, but I'll only name a few.

I'll start by naming Alice in N.Y.. I love the fact that I had to watch it several times to completely understand the story makes it that much better!
Android Girl is awesome because I like the amount of call backs to Two Breaths Walking because it's a sequel to TBW (apparently).
This one is just adorable! X3
Now I'll name a few favorites from the Project Diva series.
The PV for Hitorinbo Envy is really eerie and spooky, which I love!

Rin breaks a guitar in this one, and that's awesome. Enough said.

I really like F2nd's PV for Melt! It's a really fun and enjoyable video. Also, I hate that they didn't use this one in Future Tone. It's so much better than the arcade PV, in my humble opinion.

Also, Senbonzakura has a cool PV, but I learned the hard way you should never attempt to use the motion from PjD in MMD. Oof.
Edit: I almost forgot to mention the Daughter of Evil PV from Project Mirai and Suna no Wakusei! :O

Last edited:

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I actually really love Vocaloid PVs with original characters, Koron's art and videos are some of my favorites!! IDK if I'd call it a favorite since I don't pay attention to music videos very often, but my brain keeps coming back to Happy Shape as the most memorable Vocaloid video.
Someone also subtitled it and remastered the video in 60 FPS. The original frame rate kind of makes it charming, but I still get over how perfect the 60 fps version looks even though it was converted by someone else (didn't even know you could do that :0 )

• Love
Reactions: cafenurse

kogemoe

Ryūto is best loid
Nov 5, 2019
The PV for YY by 23.exe is absolutely amazing if you watch it on mobile. Really fun song too!
I also really like Pongini's PVs a lot, they're really funny and well-made. Here's a couple that I really like.

Reactions: cafenurse

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
The PV for YY by 23.exe is absolutely amazing if you watch it on mobile. Really fun song too!
Seconding the YY PV - I don't usually get glued to PVs anymore, but YY's "vertical smartphone camera" style always draws me in whenever I come back to just listen to the song. I've seen a couple of other Vocaloid videos do the same style, but none of them were as creative as YY.

Reactions: kogemoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)