• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Where Could I Post Music for Feedback?

Haeven

New Fan
Nov 28, 2019
Hi all, I made three songs. Two of them are 35 seconds long and are only instrumentals. The last song has the same instruments but has Kaito and is a little over 1 minute long. It is my first time creating songs completely from scratch. I'm not great at creating a song with a voice. The song with Kaito sounds very derp derpy and funny.

I would like to sell them as sheet music. They are not very fun to listen to. But they should be fun to play. I would like feedback. If you would like to listen to some of them and give feedback on these forums, where would be the best place to post my music?

Thank you in advance!

Haeven

New Fan
Nov 28, 2019
Hi RoboCheatsy! Thank you. I will post in WIP feedback section. But I apologize! I was trying to be concise but left out important information. I mean, do you know which platform should I publish my music in, only to get feedback? Would you recommend SoundCloud or something else?

Thanks in advance!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think most people put their music on Soundcloud to share their song clips for feedback. I personally just put my clips in drive.google.com (have to set the sharing permissions to be public, though).

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know of a platform (like SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.) that is specifically dedicated to posting for feedback. Maybe someone else is familiar with a platform like that, though.

If such a platform doesn't exist, though, I think where you put the songs depends on other things. For instance, how long do you want to keep the files around? How much online storage space for the songs do you need? What kinds of options for sharing the songs are available? What kinds of privacy options are there?

In the above vein, there are lots of options.
  • SoundCloud would probably make sense, since people go on there to browse songs, and sometimes people even leave comments.
  • There are probably other services available that are similar to SoundCloud in having more of a music focus, too. You might just want to Google for those and have a look at what they offer.
  • For work-in-progress/feedback stuff, I don't think there's anything wrong with hosting on Google Drive, DropBox, or a similar cloud storage service. You can link to either of those very easily from the WIP section RoboCheatsy mentioned, and you might get options for controlling privacy and things that you wouldn't get with more of a social platform like SoundCloud.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)