• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Where'd he go?

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Does anyone know what happened to addictedtoheroines on Youtube? He was going through his release videos with Unity-chan and Fukase, started a new from the beginning series, made a few covers, and then just dropped off the face of the earth. Does anyone know what happened specifically?

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
He also made a tweet of a vocaloid song or cover a couple of months back...unless it was a month back? But back in December he did made a tweet of "...See you soon" -- Not a exact word for word...

Hold let me get his twitter (I'm not following him....[^^;]>) Here is his twitter: Sir Vancelot twitter

I hope he does come back with a new video (I even made a joke that he'll come back in 2018 with a new video.... X D) But I also hope that he's doing okay. (^^)/

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, I saw him comment on VocaloidOtaku at the end (so, that would've been March) saying it had been a source of info for his videos. I feel like maybe he's busy and just lurking. On his channel, he said that he started YouTube to talk about video games, but ended up learning how to edit videos because Vocaloid had a void in it. Who knows, maybe it was too much work and not enough gain (cause Vocaloid history/factoids are a niche and he probably didn't get much ad revenue from it, even though his videos were extremely long) and he ended up doing a lot of anniversary videos for certain Vocaloids, but seemed like he was constantly behind on the queue of potential videos to make. That's just my opinion on it, I binge-watched his stuff and follow him on Twitter. I find it strange that he bought ONE, Rin/Len, and Luka and doesn't seem to be showing his work with them publicly, I was curious about what he'd make next. ^^; Maybe someone could try to email him and tell him he has fans. XD

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I find it strange that he bought ONE, Rin/Len, and Luka and doesn't seem to be showing his work with them publicly, I was curious about what he'd make next. ^^; Maybe someone could try to email him and tell him he has fans. XD
He only did like one cover for each of Rin/Len and Luka, but yeah...He hasn't done a cover for ONE (fudge in my mind I thought of One in English rather than ONE in Japanese X D)
He does have an email, but it's for business inquires, so I don't know if I want to waste his time just to know what's going on. Maybe tweet him instead? (^^;)>

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
His email is hidden on his About page because YouTube hides it behind that "business enquiries only" button, but literally in every description of his video it says his email at the bottom ([email protected]). So it's not a secret if he's putting it out there and he doesn't specify business only (it's a gmail account, after all, not very official).

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
His email is hidden on his About page because YouTube hides it behind that "business enquiries only" button, but literally in every description of his video it says his email at the bottom ([email protected]). So it's not a secret if he's putting it out there and he doesn't specify business only (it's a gmail account, after all, not very official).

Ah, I see.

Well, if everyone wants we can group up and make a polite message to send to him? :yanhe_lili: (That way we won't spam him with loads of messages of 'When you coming back?!" type)

Reactions: uncreepy

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Well, I guess we can make a polite message draft here or something, then I'll email him the message (or if someone else wants to do it). :yanhe_lili:

Probably short and polite right? Maybe even tell him about VocaVerse too in it?

Something like this,

Hello Sir Vancelot,

We, others from VocaVerse including myself that are fans of your Vocaloid videos work, wish to know the status of your channel. We love watching your videos for the information that you provide for each Vocalaid that comes out. We are worried about you since you haven't uploaded a new video in over a year.

And something else to it, but that is an example I guess. (^_^;;)>

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Hi Sir Vancelot,

I'm a fan of your Vocaloid-related YouTube videos and remember seeing you around VocaloidOtaku before it shut down in March.

A lot of us from VocaloidOtaku moved over to a new forum called VocaVerse (VocaVerse Network), and I ended up asking over there if anyone knew what you were up to, since your Twitter and YouTube haven't been updated in a long time. I don't mean to pry, but a lot of us are curious about what you're up to/your intentions for your YouTube channel, since we really enjoy and appreciate your work. Have you moved on to other things? Or are you just busy?

Thank you for your time.
-Whoever is gonna actually send this email
This is my suggestion for an email.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Alright-y, I'll send him yours message, uncreepy. It's much better than my attempt. (^_^;)/

EDIT: Okay, I send it already to him. :kaito2_move: Now we just wait for his reply.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Alright-y, I'll send him yours message, uncreepy. It's much better than my attempt. (^_^;)/

EDIT: Okay, I send it already to him. :kaito2_move: Now we just wait for his reply.
Thanks for sending it! I based my version on yours and my sister helped correct what I wrote, so it was a group effort. ^^

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
It's been almost a month now (It feels longer to me actually), but sadly still no reply. I even checked his twitter recently but no new post there either. I'm hoping that he's just taking a break from the internet or perhaps he's busy on videos he's making...? :luka_lili:

Reactions: TheStarPalace

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
It's been almost a month now (It feels longer to me actually), but sadly still no reply. I even checked his twitter recently but no new post there either. I'm hoping that he's just taking a break from the internet or perhaps he's busy on videos he's making...? :luka_lili:
There was a time when I've gone dark on my YouTube because I was constantly told to do so because the others I was collaborating with at the time said I shouldn't make any announcements until the album is done. Obviously it was a big mistake, as the album we were making was a 13-track full-length album. I think that might be a possibility with him. He might have something big up his sleeve, maybe an EP.

Regards,
WintermintP

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I doubt it's an EP. So far Sir Vancelot has only created 3 song covers (a year ago), even though he owns Rin, Len, and Luka. Unless he's been bit by the musical bug , has secretly been learning how to create original songs, and is about to unveil his album at any moment and grace us with his presence once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)