• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Which version of Studio One is bundled with V4 (or V3) Cryptonloids?

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
I found that V4 and V3 Cryptonloids come with "Studio One Artist Piapro Edition" but I couldn't find what version (currently Studio One's last version is 5), on the other hand Miku NT comes with "Studio One Artist" (without the piapro edition name) all according to Sonicwire page.

The problem with versions prior to 5 (on Artist) is that they don't allow the use is VST from third parties and I used to use some of those third party VST.

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Hi Dakuwux,

I would say the V4x or miku NT iirc

In order for the Piapro plug-ins to show up in Studio One 4 Artist, you must be running the OEM version of the software. In looking at your account, it appears that you have activated your standard copy of Studio One 4 Artist and not the OEM version. You will want to open Studio One and go to Studio One>Studio One Activation. From the "Product Key" drop-down in the activation window, you will want to choose your OEM product key for Studio One 4 Artist.

Reactions: Dakuwux

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
Hi Dakuwux,

I would say the V4x or miku NT iirc

In order for the Piapro plug-ins to show up in Studio One 4 Artist, you must be running the OEM version of the software. In looking at your account, it appears that you have activated your standard copy of Studio One 4 Artist and not the OEM version. You will want to open Studio One and go to Studio One>Studio One Activation. From the "Product Key" drop-down in the activation window, you will want to choose your OEM product key for Studio One 4 Artist.

I think I didn't explain myself very well, sorry :(, I don't have Studio One or any Cryptonloid yet, I was asking if, in case I bought for example Miku V4 English, which is bundled with Studio One which was the version of Studio One, if it was Studio One Artist Piapro Edition 4 or Studio One Artist Piapro Edition 5 because only Studio One 5 comes with support for external VSTs, also why Miku NT comes according to Sonicwire with Studio One Artist without the Piapro Edition surname.

Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: IO+

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
It could just be a typo on their part for Nt, since all of the Cryptonloids come with Piapro Edition. when I bought Miku, it came with Studio One 5 Artist Piapro.

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
It could just be a typo on their part for Nt, since all of the Cryptonloids come with Piapro Edition. when I bought Miku, it came with Studio One 5 Artist Piapro.
So NT comes with Studio One 5 Artist Piapro, does the other Cryptonloids come with 5 as well?

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
Can’t say FOR SURE that NT comes with 5 (it should, considering that Nt came out after 5) and I bought Miku V4x last year and got 5, so yes, they should come with 5
Ok, that was what I need to know, thanks

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The Studio One licenses are not tied to any specific Studio One generation; rather, you will always get the most up-to-date version of Studio One. So, regardless of whether you get a Crypton V3 or V4, you will get Studio One 5 or the most recent release of Studio One.

I have personally tested this myself with my Studio One licenses. When I purchased Luka V4x, my Studio One key gave me both Studio One 2 and 3 because it was during a transition year, but in giving my extra codes to friends, I've given away my Miku V3 code and a friend got Studio One 4, and most receently, gave away my Rin/Len V4X code and that friend got Studio One 5.

Basically, regardless of product, you will always get the most up-to-date generation of Studio One Artist.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
The Studio One licenses are not tied to any specific Studio One generation; rather, you will always get the most up-to-date version of Studio One. So, regardless of whether you get a Crypton V3 or V4, you will get Studio One 5 or the most recent release of Studio One.

I have personally tested this myself with my Studio One licenses. When I purchased Luka V4x, my Studio One key gave me both Studio One 2 and 3 because it was during a transition year, but in giving my extra codes to friends, I've given away my Miku V3 code and a friend got Studio One 4, and most receently, gave away my Rin/Len V4X code and that friend got Studio One 5.

Basically, regardless of product, you will always get the most up-to-date generation of Studio One Artist.
As a side note, I believe PHYSICAL releases are locked to whatever the newest version was when they were purchased, however.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
As a side note, I believe PHYSICAL releases are locked to whatever the newest version was when they were purchased, however.
Interestingly enough, it isn't! THe test I did with this was done completely with codes I had from physical releases. Regardless of physical or digital, you will get the latest ersion of Studio One.

• Wow
Reactions: DefiantKitsune

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Like Kona said, physical releases aren’t locked behind the current version! My copy of Miku V4x is a physical one and i have Studio One 5!

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
I think I didn't explain myself very well, sorry :(, I don't have Studio One or any Cryptonloid yet, I was asking if, in case I bought for example Miku V4 English, which is bundled with Studio One which was the version of Studio One, if it was Studio One Artist Piapro Edition 4 or Studio One Artist Piapro Edition 5 because only Studio One 5 comes with support for external VSTs, also why Miku NT comes according to Sonicwire with Studio One Artist without the Piapro Edition surname.

Again sorry for the misunderstanding.
No need to say sorry, that was my mistake.

However, there is quite a lot of "Free amazing DAW" to choose from these day, if you're looking for alternative.
But, for some reason if you don't get studio one artist, and want to use something else. I have cubase element activation code left from my audio interface to help you get started.

Last edited:

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain

OK, that's cool since not all audio software do that, thanks

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
No need to say sorry, that was my mistake.

However, there is quite a lot of "Free amazing DAW" to choose from these day, if you're looking for alternative.
But, for some reason you don't get studio one artist, and want to use something else. I have cubase element activation code left from my audio interface to help you get started.
Thanks for the offer but now I'm using the trial both of Miku English V4 and Studio One, also I've tried Cubaae in the past, idk how it is right now but back then was... Overwhelming to say the least

Idk what I will do after the trial but I will figure it out at that time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)