• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who are Your Favorite Producers and Why?

Sep 21, 2019
Who are some of your favorite producers, and what do you like in particular about them?

I particularly like Jesus-P. I love the style of her music, especially "We are NOT Suspicious Dealers". Her tuning of Rin and Len is probably my favorite; she gives their voices so much personality and attitude that I forget that I'm listening to Vocaloids! Of course, the PVs are very enjoyable, too! She and Minus-P make an excellent team and I've never been disappointed by any of their songs!

I also adore Mitchie M's music as well! The tuning never fails to impress me and all of Mitchie's songs are a lot of fun to listen to (esp. Seraphim on the Ring). I like that their songs are always so upbeat and catchy; they really put me in a good mood.

Edit: I also really like Oster Project for her tuning and jazzy style music. "Miracle Paint" is my favorite by her, as well as "I Wanna be a Princess" and "Trick and Treat"!

I like Neru as well, but I'm not necessarily a fan of the sad lyrics to some of their songs. Tokyo Teddy Bear, Lost One's Weeping, World Domiantion How-to (I think this one is actually pretty positive. It seems to be about overcoming your struggles), and Law-Evading Rock (easily one of my favorite Len songs. It's fun to listen to and I love the style of the song).

I like Giga-P and Reol, but I can't say I necessarily like the lyrics to a lot of their songs *cough*Gigantic you-know-what*cough*. Bring it On is my favorite song by them and is probably one of my favorite Rin/Len songs. The tuning, the music, and the video are excellent!

Deco*27 - Oh my gosh. Is it possible for him to make a bad song?! I love Two Breaths Walking, Ghost Rule, Hibana, Streaming Heart, Liar Dance, Otome Kaibou, and Android Girl. I like that Ghost Rule, Hibana, and Streaming Heart sound very similar musically; it's really cool!

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Mitchie M's one of my favorites too! His songs (especially Burenai Ai De) helped me get through a really hard time in my life, so I've always appreciated him for that.

I also love Masa. His songs just have such a unique vocal style, and they're so delightfully straightforward, no matter how explicit the content. (I'm STILL waiting for an off-vocal of Star Light because dang it I wanna cover it!)

UtsuP also holds a special place in my heart. His music got me into metal, and Corona was my favorite song through most of high school.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I’m another huge Mitchie M fan! I love how happy and upbeat his music is, and everything is so cute and positive! It really inspires me a lot in my own creations, honestly.

Also 40mP just because I love his style, and especially how his tuning of Miku has evolved. I am obsessed with how she is tuned in some of his latest stuff. Not to mention, Clockwork Clown is my favorite Jqpanese Vocaloid song.

Other than those two, I honestly don’t really follow too many producers that I don’t personally interact with. Mostly, I just like a couple songs from different producers, and support all my fellow Western producers

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Hope your're ready for a long list from me cuz I GOT A COUPLE

(in no particular order):

• Circus-P: He was the first producer I discovered after see a lot of his songs pop up in my recommended. A lot of the lyrics in most of his songs resonate with me (especially See and The Start). I could always count on those songs to help me through a rough time, whether it be I need something to relate to, or just want a bop to pump me up.
  • EmpathP: It's so cool to look back at her older music and see the change of her sound has changed over time. I love how her music can get me emotional and I can feel the aura emitting from the song (which is something that barely happens to me)
  • Party-P: her music has that nice chill vibe that's really soothing and calming. I especially love her usage of Cyber Diva in her songs. What I love most about her is how even though her music doesn't get that much attention as most of the big time producers, she still loves what she does and continues to make awesome music.
  • nostraightanswer: To me his sound is very unique. Listening to his music always makes want to dance like no one's around. Especially You Get Me and On Top (instant bops MMM).
  • Aku-P: I love the nice mix of English and Spanish songs (which btw, Miku sounds so cute in Spanish) as well as the variety in genre.
  • anotterkiro: Even though a few of their works are a little sad, at the same time, they're really soothing to listen to, like Light Rail Transit and Little Vertumnus. Plus the drawings he does for his videos are so cute.
  • Flanger Moose: THIS DUDE DESERVES SO MANY MORE VIEWS! I love his usage of Ruby and IA English so much.
I listen mostly Western producers basically haha. I kinda feel bad cuz with more well known Japanese producers, I can probably only name only one I really like the most. That's something I gotta work on but I don't know where to start. (Sorry if this is a long read)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Kikuo has been my favorite for a long time, his style of music is so insanely unique and out-there. It's really an experience to listen to his songs. I think Sight Noise Life and the Earth is one of his most beautiful and artistic pieces. It's insane.

Pinocchio-P is pretty wonderful with how unique his style is too. I like his fun, bouncy songs and his more meaningful, powerful songs. Apple Dot Com is one of my favorites because the instrumental is very catchy and fun and the lyrics are pretty pessimistic but in an endearing and creative way.

Wowaka was always one of my favorites. Rolling Girl was always one of my favorite songs because the lyrics and emotions were very intense. Unknown Mother Goose is just beautiful. His music style is very powerful. I'm glad we'll always have his songs to remember him by.

Circus-P is another favorite just because of how fun his songs are to listen to. I love his music for jamming out in the car to- it's all very bouncy and catchy and the instrumentals have a lot going on (in a good way). His newest music hasn't been my cup of tea though, but that's alright. I can always enjoy his older songs.

I also am a huge fan of Crusher-P's work. Again, Echo, and Out of Sight Out of Mind are very well done. Her lyrics are definitely the best aspect of her music for me.

Reactions: Lenkomimi
Sep 21, 2019
Hope your're ready for a long list from me cuz I GOT A COUPLE

(in no particular order):

• Circus-P: He was the first producer I discovered after see a lot of his songs pop up in my recommended. A lot of the lyrics in most of his songs resonate with me (especially See and The Start). I could always count on those songs to help me through a rough time, whether it be I need something to relate to, or just want a bop to pump me up.
  • EmpathP: It's so cool to look back at her older music and see the change of her sound has changed over time. I love how her music can get me emotional and I can feel the aura emitting from the song (which is something that barely happens to me)
  • Party-P: her music has that nice chill vibe that's really soothing and calming. I especially love her usage of Cyber Diva in her songs. What I love most about her is how even though her music doesn't get that much attention as most of the big time producers, she still loves what she does and continues to make awesome music.
  • nostraightanswer: To me his sound is very unique. Listening to his music always makes want to dance like no one's around. Especially You Get Me and On Top (instant bops MMM).
  • Aku-P: I love the nice mix of English and Spanish songs (which btw, Miku sounds so cute in Spanish) as well as the variety in genre.
  • anotterkiro: Even though a few of their works are a little sad, at the same time, they're really soothing to listen to, like Light Rail Transit and Little Vertumnus. Plus the drawings he does for his videos are so cute.
  • Flanger Moose: THIS DUDE DESERVES SO MANY MORE VIEWS! I love his usage of Ruby and IA English so much.
I listen mostly Western producers basically haha. I kinda feel bad cuz with more well known Japanese producers, I can probably only name only one I really like the most. That's something I gotta work on but I don't know where to start. (Sorry if this is a long read)
Oh, I've only ever heard of Circus-P and Empath-P! I'll have to check out the others you mentioned! :D
I’m another huge Mitchie M fan! I love how happy and upbeat his music is, and everything is so cute and positive! It really inspires me a lot in my own creations, honestly.

Also 40mP just because I love his style, and especially how his tuning of Miku has evolved. I am obsessed with how she is tuned in some of his latest stuff. Not to mention, Clockwork Clown is my favorite Jqpanese Vocaloid song.

Other than those two, I honestly don’t really follow too many producers that I don’t personally interact with. Mostly, I just like a couple songs from different producers, and support all my fellow Western producers
Oh, I adore 40mp and his song Clockwork Clown as well! I also love Mosuou Sketch and Love Started by Lies by him! ^^
Wowaka was always one of my favorites. Rolling Girl was always one of my favorite songs because the lyrics and emotions were very intense. Unknown Mother Goose is just beautiful. His music style is very powerful. I'm glad we'll always have his songs to remember him by.
Oh, I like those Wowaka songs as well!
Mitchie M's one of my favorites too! His songs (especially Burenai Ai De) helped me get through a really hard time in my life, so I've always appreciated him for that.

I also love Masa. His songs just have such a unique vocal style, and they're so delightfully straightforward, no matter how explicit the content. (I'm STILL waiting for an off-vocal of Star Light because dang it I wanna cover it!)

UtsuP also holds a special place in my heart. His music got me into metal, and Corona was my favorite song through most of high school.
I love that Mitchie M song!
I've never heard of Masa or Utsu-P before!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aia

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
My number one is Shu-t - there's a reason he's called the master of Meiko. His Meiko usage is godly, and it's backed by electronic music that's completely distinct from modern EDM (which I'm admittedly not a fan of.)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I feel like I could name more than a dozen of favourite producers without thinking, but I'll try to narrow it down to 5 here.

-Hachioji-P
I enjoy his style so much, the beats, tuning and everything. Whenever Hachioji releases a new song it's bound to be good.

-wowaka
Wowaka's songs tend to be powerful (both music and lyrics) and catchy, the kind of songs you remember when hearing just once, and you keep listening to them over and over again.

-HarryP
His songs are my choice when looking for more relaxing music. Beautiful lyrics and instrumentals, and his tuning of Miku sounds great.

-samfree
Samfree's discography includes many enjoyable songs. Especially his earlier works have that certain sound in Miku's voice, what I think as the classic V2 Miku, that I love (Daybreak is a good example).

-Mitchie M
Mitchie M's tuning is somewhat a legend already. Besides that, I love his happy upbeat songs.

Sep 21, 2019
My number one is Shu-t - there's a reason he's called the master of Meiko. His Meiko usage is godly, and it's backed by electronic music that's completely distinct from modern EDM (which I'm admittedly not a fan of.)
Oh, I haven't listened to much of Shu-T! Are there any songs you can recommend by him?
I feel like I could name more than a dozen of favourite producers without thinking, but I'll try to narrow it down to 5 here.

-Hachioji-P
I enjoy his style so much, the beats, tuning and everything. Whenever Hachioji releases a new song it's bound to be good.

-wowaka
Wowaka's songs tend to be powerful (both music and lyrics) and catchy, the kind of songs you remember when hearing just once, and you keep listening to them over and over again.

-HarryP
His songs are my choice when looking for more relaxing music. Beautiful lyrics and instrumentals, and his tuning of Miku sounds great.

-samfree
Samfree's discography includes many enjoyable songs. Especially his earlier works have that certain sound in Miku's voice, what I think as the classic V2 Miku, that I love (Daybreak is a good example).

-Mitchie M
Mitchie M's tuning is somewhat a legend already. Besides that, I love his happy upbeat songs.
Oh, yes! Those are some excellent producers that you named! I love Hachioji-P's electronic style and I love Samefree's entire night series (esp. Luka Luka Night Fever and Teto Teto in the Wonder Night)! I absolutely agree with what you said about Wowaka and Mitchie M, also.
I've never listened to Harry-P, I don't think. Do you have any songs by him that you recommend? :len_rylitah:

Lenkomimi

Cryptonloid fan
Jun 7, 2019
For most of these I can't exactly explain why I like them but I do, they talk to me I guess haha:
Halyosy
LamazeP, love his songs very cutesy
OMOI, the way he makes miku sound is very unique I think
DIVELA
傘村トータ , LIFE is one of my favorite songs

I think I'm a sucker for emotional songs.

Sep 21, 2019
For most of these I can't exactly explain why I like them but I do, they talk to me I guess haha:
Halyosy
LamazeP, love his songs very cutesy
OMOI, the way he makes miku sound is very unique I think
DIVELA
傘村トータ , LIFE is one of my favorite songs

I think I'm a sucker for emotional songs.
Oh, I love all of those producers! They're also some of my faves!
Never heard of the last one you mentioned, though. I'll have to check out some of their songs! :D

Reactions: Lenkomimi

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I tend to only like a few songs from a single producer and that's how it's always been (orz), but there are three producers who I do love very much.

Wowaka - The first producer I ever considered my favorite. World's End Dancehall has been one of my favorite Vocaloid songs since I first heard it all those years ago, and I don't think anything will ever shake it. I also greatly enjoy Unhappy Refrain, Rolling Girl, Ura Omote Lovers, and Reversible Doll (<- an album-only song that I think is just as good as World's End Dancehall). I was incredibly excited to hear that he was returning for Miku's 10th anniversary with a new song, and I fell in love with Unknown Mother Goose from the first note. Similarly, I love every single song from his band hitorie. When news of his death came, I... was incredibly distraught, not gonna lie, aha. I didn't really want to talk about it like everyone else, but I spent a long time thinking (and crying) about it. I'm still not really over it, but I'm very glad there's so many songs from him (Vocaloid works and hitorie) that I can still listen to and remember him by.
Favorite songs: World's End Dancehall, Unknown Mother Goose, Reversible Doll (Unhappy Refrain Album exclusive; there are YT reuploads but I won't link any here.)
(bonus, favorite hitorie songs: Fuyu No, Talkie Dance (which can be considered a spiritual answer song to World's End Dancehall!), Sleepwalk (which is the last song wowaka uploaded on his channel...))

Peperon-P - Admittedly I came across him since he has like... the best Kiyoteru songs, but really all of his songs are wonderful and he's a great tuner. He's used a ton of Vocaloids and is able to make ones I don't even care much for sound really nice (Cul and Lily in particular; I don't hate either of them by any means, but their voicetypes aren't really my thing. But I do really enjoy his songs using them). In particular, I really like his Gumi usage, which is good since Gumi is his favorite Vocaloid, aha. I don't really have as much to say about him as I did for wowaka, but Peperon-P has a wonderful style too.
Favorite songs: Cistus Albidus, Fragments of the Night, If You Aren't Here Anymore

Harumaki Gohan - A new(ish) addition!! Admittedly, if I hadn't heard his self covers, I probably wouldn't have given him another glance since his Miku tuning.... is not my favorite. But the actual songs are really good, and I greatly enjoy the themes he commonly uses (dreams, end of the world stuff...). He draws and animates all of his videos by himself (at least up until Reunion, where he started his own animation studio), and just... wow. Animation is something I've dabbled in here and there and is something I've always wanted to take more seriously, and Harumaki Gohan is a really big inspiration for me. I love all of his songs (especially when he sings them himself eheh), and I'm always looking forward to the next one!!
Favorite songs: Melty Land Nightmare (Miku ver), Cobalt Memories (Miku ver), Reunion (Miku ver, different PV)

this got a lot longer than I planned but I just really like these three producers aa

Sep 21, 2019
I tend to only like a few songs from a single producer and that's how it's always been (orz), but there are three producers who I do love very much.

Wowaka - The first producer I ever considered my favorite. World's End Dancehall has been one of my favorite Vocaloid songs since I first heard it all those years ago, and I don't think anything will ever shake it. I also greatly enjoy Unhappy Refrain, Rolling Girl, Ura Omote Lovers, and Reversible Doll (<- an album-only song that I think is just as good as World's End Dancehall). I was incredibly excited to hear that he was returning for Miku's 10th anniversary with a new song, and I fell in love with Unknown Mother Goose from the first note. Similarly, I love every single song from his band hitorie.

Peperon-P - Admittedly I came across him since he has like... the best Kiyoteru songs, but really all of his songs are wonderful and he's a great tuner. He's used a ton of Vocaloids and is able to make ones I don't even care much for sound really nice (Cul and Lily in particular; I don't hate either of them by any means, but their voicetypes aren't really my thing. But I do really enjoy his songs using them). In particular, I really like his Gumi usage, which is good since Gumi is his favorite Vocaloid, aha. I don't really have as much to say about him as I did for wowaka, but Peperon-P has a wonderful style too.
Oh, yes! I love Wowaka, and World's End Dancehall was the first song I'd heard by him as well as my favorite song by him! I still haven't gotten around to listening to his band's music yet, though.
I've heard of Peperon-P but I've never had the chance to listen to him! I'll have to check out some of his songs! :D

Raku

Aspiring Fan
Jun 16, 2018
Indonesia
I don't have any musical background and I don't really care whether the Vocaloid sounds mechanical/human as long as I like it. So yeah, don't expect the producer's song below to be human-like or blow your mind. They just fit my preference and I deem them as unique. :mayu_lili:

1. Zig (ジグ). In his twitter profile he stated that he creates 'lonely' music, and he really did. If loneliness is a mineral, Zig refined it into a jewel. His signature song for me is Lentlily followed by Bandage and Butterfly, but he also create upbeat song like Cinderella or Icon.

2. Aoya(青谷). Teto vocaloid producer, despite having two songs with over 1 million views, I only discover him recently, probably around 6 months ago. He creates downer(?) type of songs, I met him through 性格悪くてすみません (eng: Sorry for having a bad personality) and it's still my favorite song from him.

3. 4ma15 (read: yomaigo). Another Teto vocaloid producer. 4ma15's song is song that you listen to in the middle of the night. It completes the night, and probably brings the night with it. 泣けど喚けど朝がきて (eng: Even if I cry and weep, morning still comes).

4.Kasamura Tota (傘村トータ ). Lenkomimi already named this producer but I just like Kasamura Tota's song despite complaining about it sometimes. Kasamura Tota is one of those straight, emotional song producer. The songs may be cringy to some, but an encouragement to others, myself included. Other than that he owns and produce songs with various Vocaloids such as Kaito, Nekomura Iroha, Yuzuki Yukari, IA, Miku, Fukase. Some of my favorite work from him is 贖罪 (IA, Yukari, Miku, Fukase, and Ken) and 垂直落下 (Rin and Len).

5. Ze (是). Sometimes there's a vocaloid producer that appear out of nowhere and posts something great. Ze is one of them. Recent work: a l m o s t b u t n o t a collab of Ze and kingyo-P.

6. SelectBB. Producer that use Kaai Yuki is rare. Many knows Souta as Kaai Yuki Master, but i have high hopes for SelectBB as he creates wonderful ballad with Kaai Yuki like あまのじゃくと勿忘草

7. Sedo Sounder. If you want Mayu's song, go to Sedo Sounder. He create the music/lyric/MMD video for しりたくない and it's a treat for both your ears and eyes.

8. Siinamota / PowapowaP. I don't think any explanation is necessary, his songs, his lyric just strike home to me. Astronotes/Astronauts is one of my all-time favorite vocaloid song. It's a shame that we will never hear his new work anymore.

9. Carlos Hakamada(SaizeP) (カルロス袴田(サイゼP), Listening to SaizeP's Miku&Una song is a combination of chaos and fun and energy. Just listen to one of his song and you will understand what I mean. Onsemian Rhapsody.

Sep 21, 2019
I don't have any musical background and I don't really care whether the Vocaloid sounds mechanical/human as long as I like it. So yeah, don't expect the producer's song below to be human-like or blow your mind. They just fit my preference and I deem them as unique. :mayu_lili:
Oh, wow! you named a bunch of producers I've never heard of (the only ones I recognized were Sedo Sounder and Powapowa-P) and they sound really interesting! I'll have to listen to some of the songs you mentioned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)