• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Your Opinion on Fanloids/Pitchloids?

Sep 21, 2019
I'm neutral to them for the most part. I don't really care for them outside of a couple (pretty much Neru and then Kagami Kawaiine (not because I hate pitchloids or think they're dumb. More so because she's just kind of funny)).

So, what are your opinions on them?

___

Oct 8, 2019
I don't mind them, people are allowed to create them for giggles and stuff. I do find some of them kinda interesting. But I can understand people who were annoyed when people spammed the fandom with pitchloids back in the day.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I don't mind them, people are allowed to create them for giggles and stuff. I do find some of them kinda interesting. But I can understand people who were annoyed when people spammed the fandom with pitchloids back in the day.
I agree! I actually think creating pitchloids isn't a bad idea; I mean if someone wants to make one and the own the Vocaloid for it, then by all means. The only time I have a problem with it is when people take an original song or cover and pitch it, then claim that it's theirs. Or if they rag on other people for using the same Vocaloid to make pitchloid. ^^

Reactions: peaches2217

___

Oct 8, 2019
I agree! I actually think creating pitchloids isn't a bad idea; I mean if someone wants to make one and the own the Vocaloid for it, then by all means. The only time I have a problem with it is when people take an original song or cover and pitch it, then claim that it's theirs. Or if they rag on other people for using the same Vocaloid to make pitchloid. ^^
Yeaah, that's pretty distasteful :// And I'm not that big of a fan of pitchloids that are just Vocaloids pitched up/down in audacity....like if the person who did that credits the original creator then it's all fine and dandy but I won't go out of my way to find videos of them. I think it's more ineteresting when people actually play with the parameters and it's honestly kinda fascinating how some people manage to make them sound so completely different.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I haven't thought about Pitchloids/Fanloids in years. I thought they died out once Westerners got the hang of UTAU and way more Vocaloids were released? In regards to fan content, the explosion of VB releases in V2 and V3 meant that you didn't have to necessarily create an OC for a certain role anymore.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I hated them when I was younger and they were more prevalent, but honestly I just about forgot they existed now. Even Neru and Haku, who I despised and thought would never go away, have pretty much died out.
Personally, I mostly dislike them just because of the misinformation and confusion they cause to Vocaloid newbies. I was trying to explain to someone in a server that Neru wasn't a Vocaloid and for some reason she really didn't like hearing that and flipped out on me very angrily. Her reasoning was that because Neru is so associated with Vocaloid, it makes her one.
I'd say now I just mildly dislike them as opposed to my vehement abhoration I used to have. But I am glad that they're a thing of the past.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I hated them when I was younger and they were more prevalent, but honestly I just about forgot they existed now. Even Neru and Haku, who I despised and thought would never go away, have pretty much died out.
Personally, I mostly dislike them just because of the misinformation and confusion they cause to Vocaloid newbies. I was trying to explain to someone in a server that Neru wasn't a Vocaloid and for some reason she really didn't like hearing that and flipped out on me very angrily. Her reasoning was that because Neru is so associated with Vocaloid, it makes her one.
I'd say now I just mildly dislike them as opposed to my vehement abhoration I used to have. But I am glad that they're a thing of the past.
Yeah pitchloids really just were products of its time. As @Blue Of Mind said, once there were more vocaloids and utaus they weren't that interesting anymore.

What did you think of the character item meme btw?

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I kind of liked the character item trend. I thought it was cute and fun. I don't really want it back, but sometimes it's fun to think of what current loids' items would have been if they were released in that era.

Sep 21, 2019
Yes! This is when I love pitchloids! It's cool to see what people can do with the paramaters! The voice is changed so drastically that you can hardly tell it's Rin's voice anymore! (Or at least, I assume they used Rin. I feel like I can hear her more dry and electronic tone in there.)

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
Yes! This is when I love pitchloids! It's cool to see what people can do with the paramaters! The voice is changed so drastically that you can hardly tell it's Rin's voice anymore! (Or at least, I assume they used Rin. I feel like I can hear her more dry and electronic tone in there.)
I too wasn't too sure whether it's Rin or not! They did such a good job! I'm also guessing it's Rin because people usually use Miku or Rin for Neru and...this definitely isn't Miku.

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Oh well, first it's much more of a nostalgic feel since I happened to kick in when it was booming... However it depended on who because there are some I liked (Haku, Meiko Sakine, Kagamie Kawaiine and Tako Luka being the most predominent, Sai Tonarine as well since she was neither a vocaloid or an actual pitchloid) and others I didn't enjoy much or felt neutral (I didn't like Neru and the Shion brothers were fun in the beginning but quickly it went over the top)

I even surprised myself at creating two Pitchloids that I could finally do while owning the banks, one being Cosmos (from galaco prize and if I was having her NEO, I would make configs for the NEOs as well) and Maria Gloria from TONIO's voice by messing around with the parameters... Moreover, while trying to create some tones for TONIO I decided to produce different variations for her, and I even remember once I've created a very darkish tone on galaco by accident and just labeled it as "True Noir" (pun with "really black/dark" and trou noir that means black hole ) then imagined a bitter character out of it though it never got really much of an avatar, unlike the two others...

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't really have an opinion on fanloids other that I have never cared for them really. I'm only well familiar with Neru and Haku mostly thanks to those MMD dramas that used to be a popular thing, and fanart. Nowadays you hardly see fanloids/pitchloids anymore, which I think is a little unfortunate but understandable as now there's so many Vocaloids/Utaus/other synth banks to choose from. So for the most part they're a thing of the past.
While I feel indefferent about fanloids and pitchloids, I do appreciate the creativity and skill some people put in to create the characters and art/MMD with them and making them sing using pre existing voicebanks etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)