• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Your Vocaloid concert experiences

aokiki

local miku stan
May 31, 2018
Hi guys!
I'm super excited to finally attend my first Vocaloid concert in December when Miku Expo comes to England!
But first of all, if you've attended a Vocaloid concert in the past I'd love to hear your experiences of that day - what were your favourite moments? Least favourite moments? Any cool people you met and talked to? Did you cosplay? Any pics you wanna share? etc etc! I'd love to read all about your concert experiences to hype me up for Miku Expo (and also if you have any tips you'd give to me to make the most of my first Voca concert, I'd love to hear them as well!)

Reactions: Pomelo
I have been to both AHS concerts feat. Yuzuki Yukari and the other 'loids at Anime Messe Berlin. I liked the first one more because it was my first concert ever and I had a great seat. Yukari has sung duets with her voice provider Chihiro Ishiguro and I have seen my 3rd favorite VOCALOID Hiyama Kiyoteru performing my favorite Kiyoteru song. I also got a light stick and moved it with the crowd like at the Miku concerts I've seen online.
Not only that, but on the second concert, they had a disco with TakeponG, a panel by AHS' CEO and a live show by Chihiro Ishiguro and her producer EHAMIC. I've been cosplaying an anime character during the second concert because it was a part of Anime Messe.

Although I'm a diehard Miku fan in my heart and soul, I'm just an average teenager with the average traveling issues, which means that I haven't been able to see a real Miku concert yet. Miku Expo in Paris and Cologne will be my first time. I really was touched when I first heard of it - not even 10 minutes after it was announced.

Last edited:
Reactions: aokiki

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
So far the only Vocaloid concert I've attended was Miku Expo 2016 in Ciudad de Mexico, and let me tell you, it was magical, easily the best day of my life.

Since I got the VIP tickets that time (I did so again this year for Miku Expo 2018, lol) I got to skip the line and enter the venue before regular attendees, just the usual VIP stuff.

My favorite part of the concert was... well, all of it! If I had to pick an absolute favorite performance though, it would have to be Gekishou. I still get goosebumps and tear up a bit when I watch the concert video I took of it, Miku's wings growing get me everytime. I also loved every single Rin performance, obviously! <3

My least favorite part? Probably the heat and noise. I mean, obviously a concert's gonna be hot and loud, but still. My experience was fantastic though, I don't have any major complaints at all!

Did I cosplay? Nope, but I will be this year! I'm going as a butchier version of Miku (given how I am XD) and I'm super excited!

Well, I think that's pretty much it. Good luck at Miku Expo this year my dude, I hope you have tons of fun and the night of your life!

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Brace yourselves, I get to talk about a Miku concert! Sorry if it's boring to read, I'll try to keep it relatively short.

So, my only concert experience so far is Magical Mirai 2017. It's definitely something that I'll never forget. I had dreamed of going to a Miku concert for some time, and last year was the first time it was possible. It had such a huge impact on me and I enjoyed the experience so much. And not just the concert; the exhibition had lots of cool stuff to see and do.

Of course the concerts were the highlight of Magical Mirai. Over the course of 3 days I attended 4 shows. While I didn't manage to get the more desirable SS tickets (I only got S for all shows) I was still extremely happy to just be there. The concerts were an experience like no other. Seeing your beloved Miku and other Cryptonloids on stage with a live band, cheering for them with thousands of other fans, singing along etc. was just amazing.

Also the feeling you get from the collective energy of the audience is something hard to describe. I mean, you're there with thousands of other fans, you share the same passion and dedication. Other members of the audience are strangers, but you still feel united in a way. United by love and appreciation towards Miku. A good example of this was after the Sunday night show when it took quite long for the audience to leave. People were enjoying the after concert atmosphere and when fans slowly make their way out from the premises, people would randomly burst to cheers and Miku-chants. Some random Japanese fans came to me to shake hands, giving high-fives and stuff and chatting.

The Sunday night concert had the best atmosphere by far. As it was Magical Mirai 2017's last show, people were super hyped and the cheers had more power and emotion than in the previous shows.

It's actually hard to point out something I didn't like. Maybe the downside of the event was long queues everywhere. On the first day of Mirai, Friday, I first lined up to get my tickets, then join another queue to enter the exhibition (after getting the tickets, it took more than an hour to get in). Once I got in, I obviously had to go and grab official goods while they last. Lining up for the goods took around 3 hours, I can't actually remember. And of course some of the stuff I wanted was sold out when I finally got to the counter.

One small problem was also the fact that it was my first Miku concert and first concert in Japan so I wasn't sure of stuff like which line to take to pick up my tickets and stuff. The Makuhari Messe staff of course doesn't speak English and English signage was scarce, and I'm not good with kanji or quite fluent in Japanese. But it all worked out just fine in the end, so it wasn't really a problem.

I'm sure you'll have the time of your life at Miku Expo, especially since it's your first Miku concert. Your first concert experience will surely be something you will always remember.
Some tips: Have a bottle of water with you, go to the venue early enough (to avoid the stress of hurrying or being late), mind your manners and take others into consideration. Above all have fun! You'll enjoy it a lot, I'm sure^^

aokiki

local miku stan
May 31, 2018
I have been to both AHS concerts feat. Yuzuki Yukari and the other 'loids at Anime Messe Berlin. I liked the first one more because it was my first concert ever and I had a great seat. Yukari has sung duets with her voice provider Chihiro Ishiguro and I have seen my 3rd favorite VOCALOID Hiyama Kiyoteru performing my favorite Kiyoteru song. I also got a light stick and moved it with the crowd like at the Miku concerts I've seen online.
Not only that, but on the second concert, they had a disco with TakeponG, a panel by AHS' CEO and a live show by Chihiro Ishiguro and her producer EHAMIC. I've been cosplaying an anime character during the second concert because it was a part of Anime Messe.

Although I'm a diehard Miku fan in my heart and soul, I'm just an average teenager with the average traveling issues, which means that I haven't been able to see a real Miku concert yet. Miku Expo in Paris and Cologne will be my first time. I really was touched when I first heard of it - not even 10 minutes after it was announced.
That's so so cool!!!! I was really surprised when I heard about the concert because Europe never gets any Vocaloid love, and I wasn't expecting the AHSloids to have concerts in Europe before Miku did. A disco sounds like loads of fun! What were the crowds like at the concert?

Brace yourselves, I get to talk about a Miku concert! Sorry if it's boring to read, I'll try to keep it relatively short.

So, my only concert experience so far is Magical Mirai 2017. It's definitely something that I'll never forget. I had dreamed of going to a Miku concert for some time, and last year was the first time it was possible. It had such a huge impact on me and I enjoyed the experience so much. And not just the concert; the exhibition had lots of cool stuff to see and do.

Of course the concerts were the highlight of Magical Mirai. Over the course of 3 days I attended 4 shows. While I didn't manage to get the more desirable SS tickets (I only got S for all shows) I was still extremely happy to just be there. The concerts were an experience like no other. Seeing your beloved Miku and other Cryptonloids on stage with a live band, cheering for them with thousands of other fans, singing along etc. was just amazing.

Also the feeling you get from the collective energy of the audience is something hard to describe. I mean, you're there with thousands of other fans, you share the same passion and dedication. Other members of the audience are strangers, but you still feel united in a way. United by love and appreciation towards Miku. A good example of this was after the Sunday night show when it took quite long for the audience to leave. People were enjoying the after concert atmosphere and when fans slowly make their way out from the premises, people would randomly burst to cheers and Miku-chants. Some random Japanese fans came to me to shake hands, giving high-fives and stuff and chatting.

The Sunday night concert had the best atmosphere by far. As it was Magical Mirai 2017's last show, people were super hyped and the cheers had more power and emotion than in the previous shows.

It's actually hard to point out something I didn't like. Maybe the downside of the event was long queues everywhere. On the first day of Mirai, Friday, I first lined up to get my tickets, then join another queue to enter the exhibition (after getting the tickets, it took more than an hour to get in). Once I got in, I obviously had to go and grab official goods while they last. Lining up for the goods took around 3 hours, I can't actually remember. And of course some of the stuff I wanted was sold out when I finally got to the counter.

One small problem was also the fact that it was my first Miku concert and first concert in Japan so I wasn't sure of stuff like which line to take to pick up my tickets and stuff. The Makuhari Messe staff of course doesn't speak English and English signage was scarce, and I'm not good with kanji or quite fluent in Japanese. But it all worked out just fine in the end, so it wasn't really a problem.

I'm sure you'll have the time of your life at Miku Expo, especially since it's your first Miku concert. Your first concert experience will surely be something you will always remember.
Some tips: Have a bottle of water with you, go to the venue early enough (to avoid the stress of hurrying or being late), mind your manners and take others into consideration. Above all have fun! You'll enjoy it a lot, I'm sure^^
AAA don't apologise, I loved reading this!!!! My heart aches to go to Magical Mirai even more now! You're really lucky to see FOUR SHOWS AAA!! I always wonder if there's any differences between Western Miku concerts and Japanese ones? I saw someone who has went to concerts in Japan and America say that the Japanese crowds are much more hyped for Senbonzakura, so I wonder if there's any other differences. I'm glad you had a great time! I can't wait to feel that united love for Miku that you described!

So far the only Vocaloid concert I've attended was Miku Expo 2016 in Ciudad de Mexico, and let me tell you, it was magical, easily the best day of my life.

Since I got the VIP tickets that time (I did so again this year for Miku Expo 2018, lol) I got to skip the line and enter the venue before regular attendees, just the usual VIP stuff.

My favorite part of the concert was... well, all of it! If I had to pick an absolute favorite performance though, it would have to be Gekishou. I still get goosebumps and tear up a bit when I watch the concert video I took of it, Miku's wings growing get me everytime. I also loved every single Rin performance, obviously! <3

My least favorite part? Probably the heat and noise. I mean, obviously a concert's gonna be hot and loud, but still. My experience was fantastic though, I don't have any major complaints at all!

Did I cosplay? Nope, but I will be this year! I'm going as a butchier version of Miku (given how I am XD) and I'm super excited!

Well, I think that's pretty much it. Good luck at Miku Expo this year my dude, I hope you have tons of fun and the night of your life!
That sounds awesome, I'm so excited for Miku Expo! I'm aiming for VIP tickets as well but I haven't seen any news on them for the UK show and there wasn't any on the sale for the Paris concert. Did you go with friends, or meet anyone cool?

I went to a Vocamerica concert, when they came to Switzerland! I was v excited to go, and even though the drive was long it was totally worth it. The concert itself was great, I met new friends too. If you have the chance to go, do it!
Whoa I had no idea that Vocamerica came to Europe, was there lots of people at the concert? Reminds me of when I didn't hear of an IA concert in England until after the event happened rhghghh. I'm glad you had a good time and made friends!

Last edited:
That's so so cool!!!! I was really surprised when I heard about the concert because Europe never gets any Vocaloid love, and I wasn't expecting the AHSloids to have concerts in Europe before Miku did. A disco sounds like loads of fun! What were the crowds like at the concert?
Most of the audience were ordinary anime fans. One girl next to me thought Tohoku Zunko was Miku because the model was
blue-ish. I haven't heard of the AHSloid's previously either, I have just let me surprise, knowing that an official VOCALOID concert can't be bad. One guy I met was a producer from Poland and big Yukari fan. He also bought her voicebanks. I believe that the first concert has turned many people into VOCALOID fans because the second concert was really hyped and people traveled there from countries outside of Europe. It was not like a Miku concert with bands, light effects etc. but it was nice to see Yukari sing a duet with her voice provider.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Well...I made videos on all my experiences, here is the playlist xd
03) MIKU Event Reports - YouTube

Apart from that, I can only say, Magical Mirai sure IS a magical place, even if the "Anime culture" has spread around the world, it is sad that even at Anime conventions barely any people seem to know or care about Vocaloid. Since this is my main interest, it's just so awesome to have something like Mirai, where it's just...everything one could ever want who loves Miku/Vocaloid. So conventions have nothing, Mirai everything haha. Miku Expo is a good thing, you get the most important thing being the concert, but there is no real expo part connected to it, even if that's in the name of the damn thing xd
So yeah, I have visited Magical Mirai from 2014 to 2017 and will also attend this year, just a perfect time, and also Miku Expo 2016 in two locations in California and will also go to Miku Expo this year when Miku actually visits my home country, Germany.
If you wanna have more indeph info, well look at the playlist :-)

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
I had a blast going to Miku Expo 2016 in New York (also pretty convenient, actually being from NY). Everything about the day was great, walking there, the show itself, seeing other fans, etc. I couldn't lose my way to the venue because you just follow the Miku cosplayers LOL. I love Miku so much that I just tried to soak in every second of the performance. I was a little surprised that she didn't sing certain staple songs like Melt, but it didn't matter. Anamanaguchi is a band that also played before Miku came out, and then they came back out later and played with her! I'll also never get rid of my glowstick!! Only thing stopping me from attending this year is this pesky thing called "real life" that's getting in the way :zunko_lili: but as long as I've done it once, I can be happy with that. I hope you really have the best best time!!

aokiki

local miku stan
May 31, 2018
Well...I made videos on all my experiences, here is the playlist xd
03) MIKU Event Reports - YouTube

Apart from that, I can only say, Magical Mirai sure IS a magical place, even if the "Anime culture" has spread around the world, it is sad that even at Anime conventions barely any people seem to know or care about Vocaloid. Since this is my main interest, it's just so awesome to have something like Mirai, where it's just...everything one could ever want who loves Miku/Vocaloid. So conventions have nothing, Mirai everything haha. Miku Expo is a good thing, you get the most important thing being the concert, but there is no real expo part connected to it, even if that's in the name of the damn thing xd
So yeah, I have visited Magical Mirai from 2014 to 2017 and will also attend this year, just a perfect time, and also Miku Expo 2016 in two locations in California and will also go to Miku Expo this year when Miku actually visits my home country, Germany.
If you wanna have more indeph info, well look at the playlist :-)
OH YOU ARE A GOD I can't wait to watch these!! And yes I totally agree with you about the anime convention thing! I remember going to MCM London a few years back which is arguably the biggest anime convention in the UK and only seeing a few Vocaloid cosplayers and places selling Vocaloid merch (Thank god I'm also a Love Live fan because that's all I saw). I can't wait to be surrounded by fellow Miku lovers! Also you're super lucky to go to Magical Mirai so many times oh my goodness - the atmosphere at the 2017 concerts must have been amazing since it was Miku's 10th birthday and all. I hope to go one day!!!! See you there in the future

I had a blast going to Miku Expo 2016 in New York (also pretty convenient, actually being from NY). Everything about the day was great, walking there, the show itself, seeing other fans, etc. I couldn't lose my way to the venue because you just follow the Miku cosplayers LOL. I love Miku so much that I just tried to soak in every second of the performance. I was a little surprised that she didn't sing certain staple songs like Melt, but it didn't matter. Anamanaguchi is a band that also played before Miku came out, and then they came back out later and played with her! I'll also never get rid of my glowstick!! Only thing stopping me from attending this year is this pesky thing called "real life" that's getting in the way :zunko_lili: but as long as I've done it once, I can be happy with that. I hope you really have the best best time!!
I'm glad you had a great time! I plan on cosplaying for Miku Expo too but I'm dying at the thought of having to be in public wearing a bright blue wig. I hope Miku performs Melt because I love singing along to the Lalala parts!! I also cannot wait to get my hands on a glowstick. Thanks for sharing!!!!! I hope you can attend a concert next year!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RabbitWhale39

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)