• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Yuri/Shoujo Ai

Amy☆

I like sweets uwu
Apr 8, 2018
United states
Hi I love yuri and was wondering if there were any fans of it here too.

Curious too if anyone has any suggestions for anime, manga, VNs, etc.
Feel free to also list your faves!

My personal favorite yuri series is Kase-san. Words can not express how absolutely adorable and pure that series is and I'm seriously hyped for the OVA coming out in a couple months. I've also been reading Citrus (which i dont really care for that much but i love yuzu), Kindred Spirits on the Roof (the manga, not the VN), NTR (kinda garbage but a guilty pleasure tbh), and Bloom into You. I really want to read A Kiss and White Lily for My Dearest Girl, just havent gotten around to it yet.

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
Ah, I love Yuri as well! My favorite series of all time is by far Their Story/Tamen De Gushi. It's a really good manhua, both funny and heart-warming, if you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend you check it out!

Amy☆

I like sweets uwu
Apr 8, 2018
United states
Ah, I love Yuri as well! My favorite series of all time is by far Their Story/Tamen De Gushi. It's a really good manhua, both funny and heart-warming, if you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend you check it out!
Ah I've been meaning to read that one as well! It looks so cuuuute! I hear it's pretty on par with kase-san.

Reactions: idoltrash69

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Hello I love yuri too!! (And yaoi, but that's for a different topic I guess)

My favourite yuri is Maka-Maka, which is very nsfw but a great read. Torajiro Kishi draws some of the sexiest women imo, and I really like Jun and Nene's relationship. Mars' Kiss by him is also very good. I'm also currently reading his Virgin's Empire, which doesn't have much substance to it, but it's a fun read.
I'm also currently reading Tamen de Gushi, which is great. I was reading Bloom Into You, and I think I liked it, but I put it off for a bit.

Others I've read and liked:
  • After Hours
  • Cirque Arachne (simple, but cute)
  • Double House (not quite yuri/GL bc there isn't really a focus on romance, but really good)
  • Girl x Girl x Boy
  • Hanjuku Joshi
  • Honey & Honey (really cute autobiographical manga about the author's life as a lesbian!)
  • Kase-san series (also excited for the OVA!)
  • Love My Life (also has a nice live-action movie adaptation!)
  • Prism (I'M SO MAD THAT THE ARTIST WAS CAUGHT TRACING/REFFING BECAUSE THIS WAS SO GOOD AND WAS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES AND NOW IT'LL NEVER BE FINISHED GDI WHY DID YOU TRACE)
  • Shibuya District, Maruyama Neighborhood: After School
  • The Real Her (more of a silly manga, but it's funny and cute)

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Oh hey, I just realized we could also talk about VNs. (These are all relatively SFW/all-ages btw).

I HIGHLY recommend SeaBed- if you can tolerate it. It's a really divisive work because it's so different from most VNs, and the writing style is kinda sparse and dry, but weirdly descriptive of mundane events/details. Also, it's a really slow going, SoL type thing. I'm not really doing much to sell this lol, but I actually liked it so much that I wrote a blog post about it (has some mild spoilers).

Butterfly Soup is probably more accessible to people. This game is great- it's about a group of LGBTQ Asian girls in America, and it's hilarious (but also points out a lot of issues with stereotypical overachiever Asian parents, so pretty relatable tbh). Like, the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was so short- it could have easily gone on for longer without overstaying its welcome.

Nurse Love Addiction is kinda a step down after the first two VNs, but still pretty good (I gave Seabed an 8.8, Butterfly Soup an 8, and this a 7 iirc). The highlight is definitely the gorgeous art. The story is...kinda weird imo, and they really rush through some important parts, but still an entertaining read. Also, as a warning, the bad ends can be surprisingly dark. One of them is pretty sexual without actually being 18+.

Strawberry Vinegar is a really cute and light GL that has adorable girls and great pictures of food. Seriously, the visuals are the highlight of this game. The girls look like dolls. Ebi-home is a pretty solid writer, too, so this is an enjoyable read. I think this is probably the most "GL-like" out of the ones I've listed.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof is supposed to be really good, but I haven't read it yet (it's in my backlog). Not sure how much it differs from the manga version. But yeah, for those interested, it has some really positive reviews.

(Seriously though please read SeaBed if you can tolerate it, it left a big impact on me and I love it a lot)

Last edited:
Reactions: idoltrash69

Amy☆

I like sweets uwu
Apr 8, 2018
United states
^ I ordered nurse love addiction from limited games for the vita on a whim so it's good to hear it gets the pomello seal of approval lol I'm excited to get it, I'm not sure when they're gonna be sending them out though. I wanna try out other VNs but its hard without a working computer orz.

Reactions: Pomelo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)