• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Zero-G & Crusher P hyping up something on twitter

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I swear to the gods of vocal synthesis if this is a non-Vocaloid related thing I will scream

It feels unlikely since idk why Crusher would be involved if it weren't but I'm STILL paranoid rofl

Reactions: TheStarPalace

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Sample pack of CrusherP's voice I'm CALLIN IT NOW :clara_lili:

Jokes aside, I'm really happy for them! They seem like nice, chill people in the fandom for companies to work with; and I expect whatever they come out with will be fun.

It seems a bit early for a new Vocaloid because they take a while to develop (and Zero-G mentioned they'd be starting from scratch), so I'm excited to find out what else could be cooking.

WinterdrivE

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
The fact that it seems both Crusher and Aki are involved really makes it seem like its VOCALOID related. but i don't wanna get my hopes up in case it isn't :/

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I would be happy with anything, really. Personally, when I filled out that survey where you could win $500 worth of stuff from Zero-G, I said I really enjoyed the Ethera Evi countdown. I just like surprises and watching people freak out. XD;

I can't remember if I read it on Twitter, VocaloidOtaku, or heard it on a Vocamerica livestream, but I remember Aki saying that she had multiple people in mind for who to suggest to be a Vocaloid with her for V4. Maybe Aki is suggesting Crusher for V5?

Reactions: Buck

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
I would be happy with anything, really. Personally, when I filled out that survey where you could win $500 worth of stuff from Zero-G, I said I really enjoyed the Ethera Evi countdown. I just like surprises and watching people freak out. XD;

I can't remember if I read it on Twitter, VocaloidOtaku, or heard it on a Vocamerica livestream, but I remember Aki saying that she had multiple people in mind for who to suggest to be a Vocaloid with her for V4. Maybe Aki is suggesting Crusher for V5?
Nah Crusher's UTAU is alive and well

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
It's not Crusher's voice nor is it a update to their previous banks (they debunked Avanna, Sonika and Miriam updates several times on twitter)

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
To be fair, if people did guess correctly, it's not like the Twitter PR guy could say "yeah you got it! Lol good job!!" before ZG is ready to announce it. So I guess we really won't know until they're ready...

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
If it is a new VOCALOID I hope it's not another American-accented one from the Western side. They were all through V4 so I'd like another British-accented one to be available again just to give us a UK-based accent with an upgraded reclist (preferably a non-English accent like Scottish 'cos I've been waiting 9 years for that damn it).

But if it's related to Ethera there goes my money anyway 'cos Ethera sounds so nice. Or any sample packs if it's a pack for something I'd be able to use.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Zero-G is my fav Vocaloid company and Crusher-P is my fav vocaloid producer so I'm excited.
Referring to it as a "big project" makes me thing it'll be more than just a sample pack of a voice or something up that ally.
My theory is that it's a new Vocaloid. I don't think it'll be Crusher's voice, I assume she's involved by having done a demo song or something. And Aki works with Zero-G quite a bit so it's no surprise she'd be in the know as well.
If it is a Vocaloid made from crusher's voice though...good thing the announcement is coming after my next payday :stardust_lili:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
/half-screams

I'll probably give it a listen but tbh I have attention problems with podcasts so idk

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
They said it'll be available afterwards, and they'll also be working on an audio-only edited version for later released. Thank god 'cos it starts literally just as my flight home is taking off.

It looks to be a fun show and hopefully can be a little educational and a good promotion for their products too.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Idk if I'm a huge fan of the podcast thing/// I've never seen the appeal, myself? Besides, if they make any important Vocaloid-related announcements it'll be tweeted about shortly after anyways so///// I was quite underwhelmed with this announcement, tbh, but it's nice to see they're branching out and trying new things!
if anything, it'll be interesting to see where this goes and how long the podcast will be run for!
still holding out for a v5 announcement from those ZG punks either with the podcast or at some point v soon....holding out...!!!!

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Idk if I'm a huge fan of the podcast thing/// I've never seen the appeal, myself?
I don't really listen to actual podcasts, but I like to listen to YouTube videos as if they were podcasts (I don't like multiple people talking over each other, so I just pick 1 YouTuber to talk at me). I think you're supposed to listen to them while doing other stuff like folding laundry, sorting papers, or drawing (cause you don't have to watch anything).

I'll give it a try. I hope I don't forget to listen to it. It's pretty close to my bed time. XD;; I feel like if it's with Zero-G, maybe it will at least be music related topics?

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I'm personally really excited, something like this to give the fandom semi-frequently is exactly what the English Vocaloid fandom needed. We have a habit of feeling very disconnected from Zero-G and Power FX, this should help bridge that gap for one of them.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)