• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【Kagamine Rin & Len】Save the World!【vocaloid Original song】

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019

I finally finished the video for this song I wrote months ago!
Though that wasn't really intended at first, it evolved into a sort-of sequel to "Unfazed", and I like how that gives some of my songs a "direction".
Tuning Rin and Len was really fun, I find their english banks rather easy to use, and I'll definitely do more with them.
The instrumental was also a rather new experience for me, since I didn't use any classical instruments and a lot of synths this time. It still takes me longer to compose for this style than for orchestra, but I think it turned out well
Unfortunately, the video is a different story...
I started out with the idea of taking the old MMD default models and "reworking" them with better physics, more detail etc.
It turned out these models are even worse than I expected, so hardly anything I tried worked out as expected, and I ended up doing little more than increasing their polygon resolution and replacing the shaders and materials.
I also made the (in retrospect bad) decision of using Radeon ProRender as graphics engine for the PV. The original plan was to send the video to a cloud rendering service based in Japan, but after I finished working on the video I discovered that precompiling the video for that service would take longer than rendering it myself... which still took weeks.
Additionally there's an artifacting bug caused by the AI denoiser I used. I tried using a different one, but it turned out there was an engine bug, blah blah, blah, more things went wrong and in the end I couldn't remove it.

In the end, I'm really happy with how the song turned out, but I'm going to switch back to Cycles Render Engine for future videos.

Reactions: AALLF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)