• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Suggestion Adding Mastodon Post Embedding

Sep 21, 2019
I was thinking, since a couple of vocal synth mastodons are gaining some good traction, would it be possible to add compatibility for embedding Mastodon posts in the future? Though, the way the links work might be an issue since all the links to statuses have an "@" somewhere in the link.

Reactions: MystSaphyr

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Mastodon has a native HTML embed code so I feel like this should be doable and I second it!
Native HTML embed? I have looked into it and the issue seems to be related to Mastodon's individual domain names for the servers - where might I find the HTML embed code? I'm certain that will at least bring us a step closer!

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
Native HTML embed? I have looked into it and the issue seems to be related to Mastodon's individual domain names for the servers - where might I find the HTML embed code? I'm certain that will at least bring us a step closer!
If you hit the "more" menu (...) beside a toot, it has an iframe embed!

1580188257066.png 1580188284387.png

The one caveat is it ONLY works for Mastodon posts, not other fediverse posts. So Pleroma and Pixelfed and such are nope.

Reactions: razelberii

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)