• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Custom Rin Guitar

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I've been working on modding my Squier Stratocaster HSS into something more interesting.
This is what the original guitar looked like

1723576485111.png

Here's the end result after my rin-ification

1723576599276.png
The Rin artwork used was an artwork commissioned from CspShino originally for my song Bad End. I felt like this artwork would work well on a guitar's body and honestly, I wasn't disappointed.

I changed the guitar's setup from HSS to SSS for two reasons. First of all, custom pickguards for strats are easier to find in SSS configs as strats are just more common in this config, but also. I already own two guitars with humbucker bridges, so an SSS config would give me more tonal variety.
I ended up getting a set of fleor pickups with custom gold covers to go along with the Rin theme.
I also replaced the pots and the jack input so I had to redo all the wiring.

The bridge as well as the tuners too got replaced. I got some new gold colored locking tuners.

I might still replace the bridge as it actually doesn't fit perfectly but it does the job for the time being. It's just unable to do tremolo due to the size of the squier affinity which is thinner than standard strats so I use it as a standard fixed bridge. (it's hard to find gold colored bridges with the right size, I might end up finding a way to change the color of the original bridge)

There might be a slight wiring issue since the volume and the second tone knob work but the middle tone knob doesn't seem to do much no matter the pickup selected. I however took so long on this guitar that I feel like it's fine for the time being, i might go back to it after a while but it sounds and plays good so that's all that matters.

TPro

New Fan
Feb 12, 2024
They're real nice, ty for pics.

Are you planning on getting any more lol

I have a hand-me-down (budget) guitar but whenever I try and pick it up my hands are too small to do lots of the chords

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
They're real nice, ty for pics.

Are you planning on getting any more lol

I have a hand-me-down (budget) guitar but whenever I try and pick it up my hands are too small to do lots of the chords
For the time being no.

about the "hands too small" i found out it's actually not the case. The reason the hands appear too small is because guitar requires to master wrist rotations.
Depending on the way your wrist is rotated, your fingers may not have enough room to reach the strings which might make it seem like they're too small. But that's actually not the case.

Reactions: TPro

TPro

New Fan
Feb 12, 2024
For the time being no.

about the "hands too small" i found out it's actually not the case. The reason the hands appear too small is because guitar requires to master wrist rotations.
Depending on the way your wrist is rotated, your fingers may not have enough room to reach the strings which might make it seem like they're too small. But that's actually not the case.
Hmmm, could be the wrist placement, I see what you mean. Any other tips for a beginner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)