• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[EDITED] My off-vocal wav won't play in Mobile VOCALOID Editor?

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
I recently bought the Mobile VOCALOID Editor for my iPad Pro, and whenever I attempt to import an off-vocal wav file to the "Stereo" track, the waveform shows up in the track but no sound at all comes out.

I've checked the mixer and the track isn't muted, I even tried soloing it. And it still plays in the little preview in the file selection window.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Does the mobile editor require a very specific bit depth on the wavs it can take or something? I'm trying to use the off vocal from PinnochioP's "Ghosts Play to the Audience"

EDIT: Well after some Audacity shenanigans I got it to work, but I'm not sure how. I tried re-exporting the wav to a 16bit one and the first try didn't work, so I opened up a new Audacity project with a wav file that plays successfully in the editor, pasted in a new track with the troublesome wav, muted the first track and exported and I have NO IDEA how that would affect the final render at all but heck it works now?? Weird

Last edited:

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
I've never used the mobile editor, but I know the main editor requires you to have the sampling rate in your settings match up with the sampling rate of the wav. Have you made sure they match?

EDIT: Well after some Audacity shenanigans I got it to work, but I'm not sure how. I tried re-exporting the wav to a 16bit one and the first try didn't work, so I opened up a new Audacity project with a wav file that plays successfully in the editor, pasted in a new track with the troublesome wav, muted the first track and exported and I have NO IDEA how that would affect the final render at all but heck it works now?? Weird
It's possible the first wav you opened with has a different sampling rate, so when you exported it used the sampling rate of the first one.

This is all just my guess though and sorry if you've already tried this. Good luck!

MystSaphyr

Yamaha ha ha ha ha
Apr 8, 2018
Tennessee, USA
mystsaphyr.me
It's possible the first wav you opened with has a different sampling rate, so when you exported it used the sampling rate of the first one.
That's the mystery of it though!

The working karaoke, "Aurora", was an .mp3 exported to wav in Audacity, 16bit, no messing with anything.
So I tried exporting the non-working karaoke, "Ghosts Play to the Audience" (a .wav, I think 24bit) to a 16bit .wav in Audacity. Same output settings. MVE wouldn't take it.

But for whatever reason, opening a project file with "Aurora", dropping in "Ghosts Play", muting "Aurora" and exporting fixed it?? ????

The only thing I can think of is naming the karaoke the same filename and trying it multiple times messed w/ MVE's file cache or something, but that doesn't seem right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)