• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Gonna say this once and only once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
And it doesn't do jack shit. It does this

Since I've never had this issue before I'm not sure what went wrong here...? A screenshot of the settings/more info would be helpful. If the project is late (?) it might be best to explain that the situation has been stressful for you and that you'll either 1) will come back to it at a later time or 2) throw it behind you and move on for now. People should be understanding of that!

While I'm happy to work peacefully work the scream issue over via PM if you'd like, but the minute things get heated I'm done.

I just fucking give up at this point with this damn thing. Fuck Reddit, Fuck Utaforum, Fuck Vocaverse, and fuck UTAU I'm never coming back to this damn shit

Half of UTAU is basically like a trouble shooting game. (Seriously I've joked about how I've learned more trouble shooting skills from UTAU than I have from any of my computer science classes.) I'm sorry that this is stressing you out, and I completely understand! It sucks when you've sunken a lot of time into a project and for things to not work right. That's just UTAU being UTAU, and while that's annoying, raging and cussing over it isn't gonna do you a single thing. UTAU takes a lot of patience and learning to work, but if that's a turn off then it's most likely not for you.

Reactions: CatMoun and ___

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
Since I've never had this issue before I'm not sure what went wrong here...? A screenshot of the settings/more info would be helpful. If the project is late (?) it might be best to explain that the situation has been stressful for you and that you'll either 1) will come back to it at a later time or 2) throw it behind you and move on for now. People should be understanding of that!

While I'm happy to work peacefully work the scream issue over via PM if you'd like, but the minute things get heated I'm done.

Half of UTAU is basically like a trouble shooting game. (Seriously I've joked about how I've learned more trouble shooting skills from UTAU than I have from any of my computer science classes.) I'm sorry that this is stressing you out, and I completely understand! It sucks when you've sunken a lot of time into a project and for things to not work right. That's just UTAU being UTAU, and while that's annoying, raging and cussing over it isn't gonna do you a single thing. UTAU takes a lot of patience and learning to work, but if that's a turn off then it's most likely not for you.
I just followed what I was told by the charseisis tutorial

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I just followed what I was told by the charseisis tutorial

Oh okay. What I meant earlier was if you had tried what I suggested here:
(About creating screams with only UTAU, no other software)

This is just a suggestion: I haven't used Charasis before but honestly, in my experience you can create a scream/growl out of most UTAU voicebanks without having to use any outside software, special resamplers or flags. This is a method I use quite a bit and works for me so maybe it'll be of some help to you!

-----

My first tip would be to remove the bre flag completely since breath flags can make scream notes and high notes just sound awful in general.

So if the voicebank you're using doesn't have any sort of specific scream/growl, you can try using a really fast vibrato on the note you want to scream. On the note, right click and go to Pitch > and check vibrato, I usually set the cycle somewhere around 12 ~ 20ms, and press enter (clicking okay will set the cycle to it's default lowest, 64) The lower the more fast or scream-y the note will sound. I've learned not every cycle number sounds great with every voicebank so you might have to play around with the cycle settings to find a number that sounds good. Then to amplify the scream usually turn the depth all the way up to 200 cents (max). For reference this is how I got a scream on Ruko's male power bank when not using his B4 or Strain pitch.

Outside of that, I then play around with flags (a lot of times the scream is fine as is) if the scream or growl needs fixing.

Also you mentioned trying to make Ruko scream, so I'm gonna assume you meant their male power bank? I guess my tips here are that his B4 pitch is something I'd almost consider a scream pitch except there are a few phonemes in the pitch that don't have any strain on them like the rest do, so if the note you're trying to get a scream out of doesn't have strain most phonemes in B4 have: Either do the above vibrato trick, or use their Strain CV voicebank, which was actually made to be used with their power bank! If you haven't already installed it, it's here and it's the 3rd one down. and if you have any questions about how to install it to get it to work alongside their power VCV you can PM me.

It's been a reliable method for me at least, to get growl or scream.

Reactions: CatMoun

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
Oh okay. What I meant earlier was if you had tried what I suggested here:
(About creating screams with only UTAU, no other software)

It's been a reliable method for me at least, to get growl or scream.
this is what the scream sounds like and I tried that but it doesn't do a decent scream

___

Oct 8, 2019
Ah! I know of the vibrato method you've talked about @Krin but it's really picky about when it decides to work for me and this might be one of the cases where it just decided to not work >o> ?

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
Ah! I know of the vibrato method you've talked about @Krin but it's really picky about when it decides to work for me and this might be one of the cases where it just decided to not work >o> ?
I doubt it would work well with Rioki. I mean it sounds like this when I'm not making him do screamo you can hear how finicky it is with Rioki and my utau (second vocal)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Oh maybe that's it..? Now that you say that I do remember it not working well with certain resamplers. (i believe it was TIPS in my case?)

Anyways I almost always use moresampler as my resampler and haven't had any problems I don't think. So maybe @Kilios Furude you could try a different resampler? And if you'd like to try it with moresampler I'd have to privately send it to you since it's not up for download anymore.

I doubt it would work well with Rioki. I mean it sounds like this when I'm not making him do screamo you can hear how finicky it is with Rioki and my utau (second vocal)
That does sound about right, except ideally it'd be more clear but that could just be the resampler or voicebank. Except if I were to do scream instead of growling in the song I'd try raising it an octave so it sounds more powerful/uses a more powerful pitch. But then again, it might not sound great. I find that using vibrato to scream specifically is really hit or miss.

So maybe try using a different resampler (and if you want moresampler I'll send it over), or try pitching it up an octave.

Kilios Furude

Banned
May 12, 2020
Oh maybe that's it..? Now that you say that I do remember it not working well with certain resamplers. (i believe it was TIPS in my case?)

Anyways I almost always use moresampler as my resampler and haven't had any problems I don't think. So maybe @Kilios Furude you could try a different resampler? And if you'd like to try it with moresampler I'd have to privately send it to you since it's not up for download anymore.

That does sound about right, except ideally it'd be more clear but that could just be the resampler or voicebank. Except if I were to do scream instead of growling in the song I'd try raising it an octave so it sounds more powerful/uses a more powerful pitch. But then again, it might not sound great. I find that using vibrato to scream specifically is really hit or miss.

So maybe try using a different resampler (and if you want moresampler I'll send it over), or try pitching it up an octave.
I have moresampler has the same sound as Fresamp

Apr 11, 2020
Why did you have to post a sound file? You could've at least given a volume warning, I almost got a heart attack hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)