• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How to smooth a voice

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
Okay, so I'm trying to make a cover in UTAU. This is my first cover using UTAU, so last week I've trying to learn as much as I can. The original song has this smooth vibe, with almost a whispery tone. I've been using some plugins to make the voice sound less robotic, but they're not working as I expected. It still sounds robotic.

Can anyone give me tips? (also, I already know about the equalization part on mixing).

I already tried many types of resamplers (althought most of them didn't work at all...I'm still frustrated that TIPS didn't work), I'm trying to work with Humanizer and it's kind of frustrating. I'm accostumed to using VOCALOID trials, so using UTAU has been very hard.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Moresampler will give you the most natural results.

What utau are you using? Also if they're CV you'll have very hard time making them smooth so if they have VCV bank try using that one instead but in the end not all utaus were created equal lol, some will be choppier than others, switching to different one is an option to consider as well.

Reactions: peaches2217

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
I've tried Moresampler, but it didn't work. Like TIPS, vs4u, bkh01 and tn_fnds. I think I'm just unlucky with resamplers...

I was doing testing with two voicebanks: Momone Momo(VCV) and Macne Nana 2S(CV), I still haven't choose which one for the cover, but I was really into Macne Nana. Do you think doing it with Momo will be easier?

___

Oct 8, 2019
For moresampler to work at least, you have to put it in both the append and resample option, hope this helps!

I do think Momo would be easier in this case yes, in my opinion CV has it's charm and can work as a stylistic choice but if the choppiness bothers you I'd recommend sticking to VCV for this cover.

Reactions: Leon

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
Oh my, I didn't knew about the append part in Moresampler. Hol up im gonna try out.

edit: ooo it actually worked, jeasus sunsun u should have read the how-to-use.

Thanks Patuk! It sounds much better! :kizakiairi_lili:

I hope I can finish this cover very soon :gackpo_ani_lili:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)