• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How to smooth an extended note

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Hello!! I hope I worded the title right lol

Basically, when there's two notes like"ta" and "a" right next to each other, how would you smooth the sound so it doesn't sound jumpy when UTAU plays it?

___

Oct 8, 2019
What I tipically do is that I manually adjust the envelope to do fade in like effect on the note. However I do that with VCVs, I can't tell how well that would work with CVs as I don't really work with them. If the transition is too jumpy even for a CV maybe try checking the oto and if it's your vb maybe even re-record that sample?

Edit :Not sure if CVs can even handle extended notes at all tho. But if it is avoidable then just remove the extended note and just stretch the "ta"? If you're using moresampler try using the "e" flag on it to see if it helps.

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
What patuk said, and also adjusting the overlap of the second note by increasing it a tiny bit. (i usually go +10, hear it, +10 again if it need it and repeat)

As long as you don't touch preutterance the timing of the note will stay the same. At least this works for VCV, but it'd probably work for connecting vowels of CV notes like the example you gave. I'm not sure how well it's gonna work for consonants like [ta] [ma] it's been SOOO long since i've worked with a CV bank on it's own so i'm not sure how valid my CV tips are :,))

Sep 21, 2019
What patuk said, and also adjusting the overlap of the second note by increasing it a tiny bit. (i usually go +10, hear it, +10 again if it need it and repeat)

As long as you don't touch preutterance the timing of the note will stay the same. At least this works for VCV, but it'd probably work for connecting vowels of CV notes like the example you gave. I'm not sure how well it's gonna work for consonants like [ta] [ma] it's been SOOO long since i've worked with a CV bank on it's own so i'm not sure how valid my CV tips are :,))
I know I wasn’t the one who asked the question but… dang. I never knew overlap could do that, so thanks for teaching me something new, haha.

Reactions: Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)