• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Idol Anime/Shows

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I saw quite some people having Idol Anime as their favourite Anime.

So why not start thread for it?
Which Idol Shows did you watch?
Which one did you like the most??
What do you find so appealing about Idol Shows???

Discuss about it here!

Examples of Idol Anime are:
Love Live, Idolm@ster, Show by Rock, Pretty Rhythm/Pripara, Aikatsu, Hime Chen!, Fullmoon wo Sagashite, Idolish7, Utapri, Tsukiuta etc.
While not an idol Anime I think K-ON is also pretty close to it (though they are a band, not idols)

There's also an idol Cartoon called Lolirock (I know the name seems bad but it's not like that) which I like and need another season of, which is why I included "shows"

Last edited:
I only watched LOVELIVE! (2 seasons) yet because... Well, I'm the guy who's favorite anime is Parasyte -the maxim-. Non-action shows aren't really appealing to me but I like positive music though. I wouldn't be a Miku fan otherwise.
I liked the story and characters overall. It's not about being kawaii or moe or magical, it's just 9 girls who formed an idol group and still stayed as who they are, without changing their characters for the publicity. And the art style is one of my favorites.
I didn't start Sunshine yet because it's not on Crunchyroll and I don't want to be a pirate, nor pay for something that's not important to me.

Last edited:

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
For me idol shows are more appealing than action shows
of course I watch some shounen or other action Anime (though not many, I am not the action fan) but the reason I started watching anime is because it cheered me up.
Of course I and also the market changed but at heart I still come for the cheerfulness and Idol Animes offer that!!

I didn't finish season 2 yet but I don't like sunshine as much because the charas are to similar to the previous ones.

You seem to have more moral than me.
I do pay for crunchyroll though
but sadly in germany many Anime streaming services only license 1-4 Anime per month where only maybe 1-2 per year interests me.... it's just so splittered

I planned to get the game Miracle Girls Festival, which is a Project DIVA clone and a cross-over of 24 idol animes. One of them is Project 575, which is also a Vocaloid thing. I want to watch that but I can't find it. Don't care about the subtitles.

Actually, Crunchyroll is so boring to me right now that I started watching Re:Zero a second time.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
Actually, Crunchyroll is so boring to me right now that I started watching Re:Zero a second time.
I heard all good titles on Crunchyroll were already licensed by other streaming sites so yeah, I regret paying it for an entire year (though that way it's cheaper and I really dislike abos tbh.)

Ah yeah, I actually watched the Project 575 Anime (I think I watched it on youtube)
give matcha love I love her
Can't they give the other charas VBs as well? (I am kidding)

Tbh. I think aside from Project 575 I don't know any of the characters in Miracle Girls festival

I heard all good titles on Crunchyroll were already licensed by other streaming sites so yeah, I regret paying it for an entire year (though that way it's cheaper and I really dislike abos tbh.)

Ah yeah, I actually watched the Project 575 Anime (I think I watched it on youtube)
give matcha love I love her
Can't they give the other charas VBs as well? (I am kidding)

Tbh. I think aside from Project 575 I don't know any of the characters in Miracle Girls festival
Huh, only 5 episodes? I will watch it tomorrow.

Reactions: YunīC

empressdonna

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Scotland, UK
I need to double check my completed anime list but here is a small list of idol anime I have watched (A lot that I mentioned in the other thread haha)

- Aikatsu
- Idolm@ster, the idolm@ster movie and Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls
- K-On season 1 only atm
- Lemon Angel Project (I actually need to finish this! 6/13 done :()
- Love Live (one or two episodes)
- Pretty Rhythm (one or two episodes)
- Pripara

empressdonna

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Scotland, UK
Oh, I don't know about this one, how is it?

That's actually a shame.
While I personally prefer season 1 due to nostalgic feelings I think Season 3 might have been the best one, it managed to somehow being good on it's own (Season 2 is only so-so sadly)
I found it really enjoyable for the 6 episodes I've seen and I regret not finishing sooner.

EDIT: huh, I had more than this typed. That's odd.

Let me try again!

In regards to Pretty Rhythm, I don't remember why I stopped watching it as I was pretty excited for it and begged my partner to watch it with me.

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
This is gonna seem a bit obvious, but Love Live is an amazing idol series as well as my favorite anime period. I'm just infatuated with the message of 'chasing your dreams' and 'never giving up' the series carries.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
This is gonna seem a bit obvious, but Love Live is an amazing idol series as well as my favorite anime period. I'm just infatuated with the message of 'chasing your dreams' and 'never giving up' the series carries.
Love Live was really great!
I did feel a bit odd watching this as a girl, knowing it was made for the males but it's a really fun Anime!!

@empressdonna things like these happen. You get hyped but then you forget

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Man, Love Live is one thing I've got a really weird relationship with. I've been playing the app for ages but I just can't bring myself to bother watching the anime. BanG Dream! is a similar case, too.

Aikatsu is the only one I play the game and watch the anime, aha.

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
I started watching LoveLive, because I was curious about why it was/is so insanely popular. I also wanted to see if I liked the music. I watched the first episode, and while I didn't dislike it, it just didn't really grab me. But later I started playing the mobile game, and that seemed a better way in. I did find that I liked some of the songs, and I also fell in love with Nozomi and Nico, and also Rin. I haven't played it for a while though, because I got to a point where I lost a lot of motivation to keep playing. Maybe I should give the anime another shot. As for Sunshine, well I got acquainted with the characters by playing the mobile game, and I like some of them, but not as much as the mu's girls. Maybe should try other idol anime too.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
My fav male idol thing was probably "Dream Festival!". I heard about it since it's related to Aikatsu in that it has similar staffing and I really enjoyed it.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I started dream festival but like the game was boring.... the anime was boring as well.

I actually love idolish7, it's great!

Utapri was.... well I don't remember much of it but what annoyed me the most was instead of deepen the bond with the characters the show already had it got new characters and focused on those characters and like at the end of the day you can't feel to strongly bonded with anybody

Zunkari_Official

In Vocaloid hell since 2014
Nov 23, 2018
Somewhere in Spain
I’m in absolute love with LoveLive!! It’s one of my favourite animes to this day. I wish I could go to one of their concerts as well (... why all of the artists i like do concerts in Japan, Korea, EEUU, Germany and/or UK?? Aka places I can’t visit??)

I also play BanG Dream, but not as much as before

I started watching a male idol anime called Marginal 4 because a friend of mine insisted on that I should watch it, but male idols aren’t really my thing tbh

D

Discounted account

Finished watching Love Live School Iodol Project and Sunshine, I try watch few years ago but unable to get into. But then start back watching it, and music made me feel good. I think it feel good/better anime, well to me. Love the characters both First series and sunshine. Both U's and Aqours are my favourite idols. Not into idols much but Love Live are something else. Admitted hoping U's or some of it members show up in Sunshine, sadly never happen.

Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)