• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Internet Co. Illustration & Song Contests for Gackpoid's 10 Anniversary (UPDATED WITH SONG SUBMISSION INFO)

Narumo Luckycarrot

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Chile
narumo.deviantart.com
Here's the information for the Illustration Contest, as requested by Mitsukiven. I'll probably translate the info regarding the music contest next, but the video from Gackt suggests that it may be similar to the previous one, with the man himself releasing a version of the song.

Source: 誕生10周年イラスト募集

2018 Official Gackpo Camui Illustration Contest

About the acceptance of illustrations

Upon a fair examination of the submitted entries, the best 12 works will be selected and used in a prospective 2019 Gackpo Camui Official Calendar. Please submit your illustrations to Pixiv (an illustration gallery website).

Submission Period

July 31, 2018 to October 1, 2018 (until 15:00)

Submission Guidelines

• Submit your illustrations to Pixiv.
  • Draw an illustration of Gackpo Camui (Gackpoid) freely expressing your own style.
  • Multiple submissions are acceptable.
  • Do not use other characters other Gackpo Camui.
  • Make sure that your work doesn’t infringe the intellectual property rights and copyright of third parties before submitting your work. (Be cautious about the usage of backdrops, outfits, items and such)
  • Do not use fonts and other free resources within your illustration.
  • Your illustration must be bigger than 1820 pixels (width) x 1040 pixels (height) with a resolution of 300 dpi.
  • There might be trimming of the image due to layout issues.
  • At the time of printing, will be change the color mode from RGB to CMYK.
  • Add the “Gackpo_2018ct” tag to your submission and activate the option “Don't allow other users to edit Tags”
  • The winning entries will be published in the official 2019 calendar. By submitting your work you are given your consent regarding the work’s license agreement (merchandising rights). (The copyright of the work belongs to the applicant).
  • The recipient of the excellence awards will receive a message from the company’s official Pixiv account (id=32684733).

Prizes

2 sets of 2019 Official Calendars
10,000 yen JCB Gift Card

EDIT:

A quick translation of the video:

"Good Day Everyone, I’m GACKT.

We’ve reached the 10th Anniversary of the release of Gackpoid.

I have a deep emotional attachment to Gackpoid; even now, I clearly recall the impression “Episode 0” and “Paranoid Doll” gave me.

I’ve been told that more than 10.000 works related to Gackpoid have been created so far.

I’m truly grateful that all of you have nurtured and loved Gackpoid.

We’ve reached his 10th birthday this year, and to mark the occasion Illustration and Song Contests will be held.

I really hope that everyone will participate and celebrate Gackpoid’s birthday alongside me.

I’m looking forward to your works.

I’ve been thinking that it would be nice to collaborate with Gackpoid again.

This has been GACKT speaking, see you later."

Last edited:

Narumo Luckycarrot

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Chile
narumo.deviantart.com
So, what I said about Gackt mentioned a music contest? He definitely does, but the Vocalotracks info doesn't really mention any prizes or anything like that. It just seems like the special sale they do everytime one of the Internet co. Vocaloids celebrates a birthday. Maybe we will hear more about it at a later day, idk. Also, I'm not an expert in Japanese copyright laws, so don't come to me for legal advise XD

Source: ボーカロイド(VOCALOID)|ボーカロイド(VOCALOID)ミュージック配信専用レーベル VOCALOTRACKS(ボカロトラックス)

To commemorate the tenth anniversary of the release of Vocaloid Gackpoid (Character Name: Gackpo Camui) through the exclusive distribution label for Vocaloid music “Vocalotracks”, we are accepting submissions of songs sung by Gackpoid and will follow the distribution process* for all compositions.

* Regarding the actual conditions of distribution, we will only proceed with those musical compositions that comply with the character guidelines and the marketing criteria stipulated by the sales company (Web site).

Only original songs using Vocaloid Gackpoid 2/3/4 will be accepted.

Please use one or more of the following voicebanks:

Vocaloid 2 Gackpoid

Vocaloid 3 Gackpoid Power

Vocaloid 3 Gackpoid Whisper

Vocaloid 3 Gackpoid Native

Vocaloid 4 Gackpoid Power

Vocaloid 4 Gackpoid Whisper

Vocaloid 4 Gackpoid Native

Submission Period

August 31, 2018 to October 1, 2018 (until 15:00)

About the submissions

Genre: No restrictions apply (It doesn’t matter whether the song has been released or not).

However, original works regulated by special trust agreements with copyright management organizations or special contracts with the National Music Publishers Association will not be accepted.

Cases of Unacceptable Usage

- If a CD was released under a record label in the past, using a sound source without having the master license due to issues such as handing over one’s rights over the material. *Be mindful of materials ranked by the ISRC (International Standard Recording Code).

- If the songwriter, composer and sound source producer are separate individuals, the intentions of all parties regarding the song must be explicitly stated.

- Musical compositions using other voicebanks beyond the ones published by our company or the VY series. (Chorus included)

- It is permissible for the participant to not have a contract of exclusive distribution with the master license, even when their songs are already being distributed by a third party (A new ISRC will be provided). However, in this case, depending on the website previously used distribution might not be possible. In the case of iTMS and others, it be distributed as a separate recording.

List of Distribution Websites (only major ones are included)

Domestic distribution operators and broadcast websites

iTunes Store(iTMS 着信★うた)

amazon

mora

GIGAエンタメロディ

レコチョク他多数レコード店公認『レコうた』

music.jp

MySoundウタ

dwango.jp

GEO☆Musicストア

mumo(ミュウモ)

NHKメロディ

JOYSOUND[フル×歌詞]

テレ朝サウンド

TSUTAYAプレミア

こころを癒す音楽GLOBAL x EXOTICA

ミュージコ♪

OnGenうた

アイテニメロディ

ききうたMAX

ディズニーミュージックうた

ハートフルMUSIC

MSE~ねっと

めちゃうたTBSメロディ

ZIPうた♪

RADIMO

music x movie

M2スター

熱烈!アニソン魂

アーティスト公式サウンド

フジテレビ♪フジメロ

オリコンスタイル

シネマ☆着サントラ

DAM ★うた

HAPPY!MUSIC

うたJETS!

International Websites

iTunes( 各国) Sprint

amazon Verizon

eMusic T‐Mobile World Wide

Rhapsody AT&T

Zune Orange/France Telecom Worldwide

Napster Nokia Vodafone Worldwide

Beatport Virgine Mobile Worldwide

Slacker Bell Mobility

Other Music Rogers Wireless

SpiralFrog Telus

Insound Musiwave

T‐Online Moderati

Spotify Verisign/Mqube

Juno 9Squared

Lala Jamster/Jamba

Starzik Hudson

VirginMega Thumbplay

FNAC SendMe Mobile

Telefonica

...etc

1. Participant Registration

In other to submit a song, please register beforehand as a participant. Your registration must include your name, contact e-mail, contact address and telephone number.

* Individuals that have participated in past contests in our site or are already registered as submitting original songs do not have submit a new registration request. It’s possible to use already registered information.

2. Song Submission

Please provide the following data

-Sound source (*.wav / 16bit, 44.1kHz, STEREO, File size under 65 MB (approximately under 6 minutes)

-Song lyrics (*.txt)

-Thumbnail Image (*.jpg / 2500×2500 pixels / aspect ratio 1:1)

-Photograph of the artist (*.jpg / 2500×2500 pixels / aspect ratio 1:1 / might be published depending on the distribution website)

* Regarding the thumbnail and artist photograph

In the cases where there is no specification of size, our company will enlarge or reduce the image. Additionally, in the cases where the aspect ratio used is not 1:1, be advised that blank space can be used in the top and bottom, or the left and right sides of the image.

-Name of the creator/artist representing the work (Associated individual)

-Katakana reading of the creator/artist name (song writer and composer listed separately)

-Song title / Katakana reading of song title

-Master license holder (Depending on the marketing website used this might not be displayed)

-Copyright holder (Depending on the marketing website used this might not be displayed)

*In websites such as iTunes or Amazon Mp3 either the master license holder or the copyright holder will be displayed)

3. Number of submissions

One person can submit at most 3 songs.

* Important Points

-After the completion of the submission process, the information and materials provided such as sound source, thumbnail, artist photograph, creator name, song title, master license holder and copyright holder cannot be altered regardless of reason.

-In the case of individuals under 20 years of age, please submit your work upon your guardian’s approval of the submission terms. Please take into consideration that if you aren’t the guardian of an individual under 20 years of age recruited to produce the song, a letter of consent from the guardian might be expected.

-Please submit your work after making sure it doesn’t infringe the intellectual property rights or copyrights of any third party.

Regarding acceptance of songs

-Accepted songs will be associated with a royalties agreement.

*The rights will remain under the control of the creator.

-We might request the remastering, rearranging or modification of the song.

-We will contact you directly using the registered email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)