• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Ran out of code uses with Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Alright, I'll try not to give you all a long sob story here. Basically, I moved computers once and the Vocaloid deactivation tool didn't detect Leon or Lola, so both lost a "use" there. Then when I reinstalled on the new laptop, I installed and activated Leon and then did the same for Lola and got an error that Leon was not activated, and I needed to activate him again. Another "use" wasted. Now I've moved computers again, and as before, the deactivation tool detected Miriam and up -- but not Leon and Lola, so both have lost another code use. Which puts Lola at one use left, and Leon with none. Predictably, when I tried to activate him (this time installing on an external hard drive, but that's beside the point) it said the code had already been used too many times.

I guess I could email Zero-G, but they don't offer support for the V1s anymore. I highly doubt they'll do anything to help, and even if they'd like to, I don't know what exactly they could do. I wouldn't feel guilty about using Pocaloid since I own the product, but I'd really prefer not to dip into that mess, especially since I'm a clutz and would probably get viruses. But I know for a fact that V1 had silly security and it's a matter of flipping one digit (a 0 or a 1, I forget) in the registry (to a 1 or a 0, depending). I even know someone who did this when a V1 of theirs ran out of codes, but for a few reasons I can't speak with them right now. Because I installed on an external drive, it wasn't super easy to find Vocaloid stuff, but by a registry search I found all the possible Vocaloid files with their data values set. But I have no clue which one to change, and the one site I used to know that told you which, I have seemingly lost. So it's another dead end.

Anyone got any ideas? Leon is my favorite Vocaloid, I'd really hate to not get to use him anymore :(

EDIT:
...Uhhh?? Cancel post? It was giving me errors and stuff right? Like, not activated, angry, whatever. Now the program opens and Leon sings just fine. I'm... just not gonna question it. Some weird V1 BS I guess. Although I guess this would be a concern in the future whenever I move laptops again, but... cross that bridge when we get there and so forth??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)