• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Say something you dislike about your favorite Vocaloid(s)

Kit

New Fan
May 31, 2018
This was inspired by ThatGirlMyra's 'Say Something Good About Your Least Favourite VOCALOID' thread!

I'll start:
  • IA's connection to Kagero Project annoys me. (I really dislike Kagepro lol)
  • I wish they would've went with this unused concept for Gackpo instead of his current design.
  • Fukase's English voicebank is pretty good IMO, but I'd like it more if it was more similar in tone to his Japanese voicebanks.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Might as well...I'll do my top 3 favorites
- Avanna is literally a best seller for Zero-G like every time they have best seller sales, yet no one really uses her. Like why is she selling so good but there's rarely usage anymore??? (Cough I'm bitter plz use my queen more often)
- Lily almost always overpowers every vocal I pair her up with
- Una l's voice samples sound more like Sugar than Spicy imo but they're all too energetic/powerful for Sugar's voice so I can't ever use them unless I XSY

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Ritsu Miki

Suffering with Crypton English
Jun 6, 2018
Canada
I'll limit it to my top 2!
->I love KAITO but I can't stand his V3 Straight bank. It has this really weird sound to it that literally none of his other banks have? It disappoints me that most Japanese producers have moved on to his V3 bank (understandably, though) since I hate how it sounds and one of the things that originally made me love KAITO was the sound of his voice.
->I think MEIKO has the least amount of Project DIVA modules that I actually like. There's only a handful I think look really pretty or cute. I also miss her original outfit from Extend, it was my favorite version of her main outfit.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
-Kanon can get really grating when poorly tuned, like most powerful vocaloids.
-Avanna .....uh...... I actually can't think of anything I ever dislike about her.
-Zunko gets a decent amount of use, but hardly any of her songs make it onto YT for whatever reason.
-Lily's V3 outfit, while it looks cool, violates some laws of physics.
-Nekomura Iroha's V4 designs are awful.

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
- Miku's V2 is too choppy...
- Mikub V3 is no different from V2 save for the note transitions.
- I'm a bit iffy about Miku's V4 design, and I don't really like the slight buzzing sound in her V4X Original VB.

Reactions: violethaze

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
Iroha's v2 design looks like a power ranger. I'm glad they ditched that suit concept in v4.

- Miku V3 Light and Vivid are download-only
- There is so much NSFW stuff popping up if you look for ordinary Miku fan art. Thank you, Yandex. Same about Luka.
- Chinese VOCALOIDs are so difficult to get. I wonder how much time will pass until I get Miku V4C and Tianyi V4J.
- Vsinger won't perform outside of China anytime soon.

Jun 3, 2018
  • I like Iroha's V2 design but It looks super out of character for Iroha which makes me really weird...
  • Miki, in my opinion, is at this point the only Vocaloid AHS sucked at making, which is sad because I really like Miki. Her V4 didn't do a thing either, They just made her V2 voicebank V4 compatible and that's it. She only has higher quality sounds and that's It. She even has the same bugs from before. If we ever get updates to actual voicebanks(not in the way we get Voicebank updates when the engine goes higher, like actual updates we can download and apply), Miki will be first one I beg they fix because underneath those lies a good Vocaloid.
  • Lily's V2-V3 Native voicebanks are weirdly high-pitched, I think her V3 Rerecord sounds much more like her voice provider. I'm just glad Internet Co. gave her a second chance because Lily is such a solid design and I like m.o.v.e and Yuri Masuda.
  • Sonika's quality is just...Y'know. I really beg for a HQ, proper Voicebank.
  • There's no Light and Vivid voicebanks for Miku V4X.

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
Flower can't really a lot of song genres, I can't see her sing songs like melt or and candy-pop songs (which are my favorites) her songs sound really similar to each other because of the particularity of her voice.
Otomachi Una's voice samples suck, they sound wayyy too anime mascot

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
  • In hindsight, V2 Miku sounds really choppy compared to later V2s and V3/4s in general. I can really hear it now in older songs too...
  • I honestly can't tell the difference between Miku Append Vivid and Light. They both sound the same to me, and I can see why they were download-only in V3 and seemed to have disappeared completely in V4.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Miku V4's design. They thinned her pigtails! :(

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Cyber Songman being monopitch will forever irk me. Every song is either too high or too low for him and I need to fiddle around with the key until I get something that doesn't sound strained. This is especially bad since Cyber Diva is tripitch iirc.

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
-Yuki's pretty limited to songs she can do well imo (same with Prima, if not more so). Also sucks we'll never get a 'true' update due to the voice provider thing.
-Uhhh can't really think about one for Lapis tbh.
-What the hell is Una's design.

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Top 3
-I hate that people seem to compare Mew to IA so much. I also hate that whenever I say that, someone's always like "No they don't" but when you're as deep into the Mew pit as I am you hear everything and it happens
-I love Nana no matter what she does, but I prefer her lower range, and people overuse her upper range
-People say that SONiKA's an impossibly hard Vocaloid to tune because they want perfectly clear vocals, but that's not really her thing. She has a bit of an accent, and I personally very much enjoy that it's there

Satinather

#Germanoid
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
  • Tohoku Zunko is a pain to mix and her consonants are so weak that most of them sound way too similar (like g and k, d and t, etc.)
  • AVANNA is so super boring to tune because she sounds good, no matter what I do :'D
  • The vowel transitions of GUMI English are way too choppy but I guess that's part of her charme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)