• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Utau has rendering issues

hope

can't find despair
Apr 2, 2021
I have been working in Utau for a year, but lately this program has started to behave strangely, starting from a rhythm of 500000 (saved midi, NOT imported) to refuse to work fine with vb like vcv (sometimes just cv (rip defoko)).
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening and how to fix it. If someone came across this and solved this problem, can you tell me what the problem might be?

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
I have two theories:

1. I see that some of the text at the top is displaying incorrectly so maybe UTAU isn't set up properly, in the wrong environment UTAU can't properly function and is unpredictable.
  2. I also see that youre using Mac, I am not a Mac user so I don't know the intricacies of setting up windows UTAU on a Mac and can't help much but maybe it's worth checking whether that isn't the root of the issue?

hope

can't find despair
Apr 2, 2021
I have two theories:

1. I see that some of the text at the top is displaying incorrectly so maybe UTAU isn't set up properly, in the wrong environment UTAU can't properly function and is unpredictable.
  2. I also see that youre using Mac, I am not a Mac user so I don't know the intricacies of setting up windows UTAU on a Mac and can't help much but maybe it's worth checking whether that isn't the root of the issue?
none of these thepries are correct.
1. It's russian words for me. Utau worked fine with this.
2. It's mac theme for windows. Utau worked fine with this too. btw the root is D:\uta

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
I thought it was impossible for utau to display such characters? Is this like a patch?

edit: also is it just moresampler doing this or other resamplers too?

on my old laptop I had an issue where moresampler p much went kaput and wouldnt render a thing while other resamplers were working fine, unfortunately I didnt figure out what the problem was and it hasnt happened on my PC and new laptop.

Last edited:

hope

can't find despair
Apr 2, 2021
I thought it was impossible for utau to display such characters? Is this like a patch?

edit: also is it just moresampler doing this or other resamplers too?

on my old laptop I had an issue where moresampler p much went kaput and wouldnt render a thing while other resamplers were working fine, unfortunately I didnt figure out what the problem was and it hasnt happened on my PC and new laptop.
yea, it's something like a patch, yet useless.

resampler and fresamp can't render too. The same issue as with moresampler.

The tempo often shows up as 50000 when midis are imported, not sure why. Changing the tempo fixes it.
I change the tempo and save the project right away. But when I open .ust, the tempo changes back to 50000. This happens with .usts that have been imported as midi.
By the way, when I opened ust., some notes (I don't know how do you call it) have a strange overlap
edit: it doesn't really makes o mi sounds strange tho, but i te doesn't playing at all

Attachments

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I'm not sure if any of these will help, but these are just some ideas you could try.

I change the tempo and save the project right away. But when I open .ust, the tempo changes back to 50000. This happens with .usts that have been imported as midi.

It seems weird that the tempo keeps resetting itself back to 50000 even after saving. Did you make sure it was the global
tempo you set instead of the little timestamp tempo?

tempo.png

By the way, when I opened ust., some notes (I don't know how do you call it) have a strange overlap
edit: it doesn't really makes o mi sounds strange tho, but i te doesn't playing at all

This might be just a fitting issue. I've used Tei before and her oto isn't that messy, so maybe she just isn't properly fitted.

How I usually fit a voicebank is by doing this;
  • Select All
  • Right click a note and go to Region Properties
  • Set intensity to 100 and Modulation to 0
  • Reset any preutterance / overlap settings by double clicking the grey field (If those fields are white just leave it)
  • If Consonant Velocity or any of the settings under it are grey, double click them
  • Click Okay
  • With everything still selected, up at the top where the envelope buttons are, hit Reset, then P2P3 or P2P4, then ACPT. (I usually use P2P4, the two don't really differ too much so just use whatever you're used to.)

resampler and fresamp can't render too. The same issue as with moresampler.
The resamples not working could be a number of issues. The basic fixes I can think of are
  • If your UTAU folder is under Program Files(x86), move it out to somewhere like Documents. UTAU under Program Files can give random problems sometimes and I know before I learned about moving UTAU out of there, certain resamplers would just refuse to work. After I moved UTAU to Documents they decided to work!
  • Check your decimal system. Go to Control Panel > Region > Additional settings, and make sure Decimal symbol is set to "." instead of "," (This might not be an issue if you're in the US though!)

hope

can't find despair
Apr 2, 2021
  • If your UTAU folder is under Program Files(x86), move it out to somewhere like Documents. UTAU under Program Files can give random problems sometimes and I know before I learned about moving UTAU out of there, certain resamplers would just refuse to work. After I moved UTAU to Documents they decided to work!
  • Check your decimal system. Go to Control Panel > Region > Additional settings, and make sure Decimal symbol is set to "." instead of "," (This might not be an issue if you're in the US though!)
Unfortunately the first idea didn't help me fix the problem. However, the second idea (I really don't understand why utau) completely solved my problem. Now there are no problems with tempo and strange rendering. I am very grateful for the help, but I just have a question like this:
Why was there no such problem before (a year), and it suddenly appeared?

Edit: By the way, tempo changed by 50000 back only if the utau worked poorly. He always kept tempo that I indicated.

Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Unfortunately the first idea didn't help me fix the problem. However, the second idea (I really don't understand why utau) completely solved my problem. Now there are no problems with tempo and strange rendering. I am very grateful for the help, but I just have a question like this:
Why was there no such problem before (a year), and it suddenly appeared?

Edit: By the way, tempo changed by 50000 back only if the utau worked poorly. He always kept tempo that I indicated.
Glad that worked out for you!! And yeah issues occurring out of absolute nowhere is a very typical UTAU moment lol. Is everything working okay now?

hope

can't find despair
Apr 2, 2021
Glad that worked out for you!! And yeah issues occurring out of absolute nowhere is a very typical UTAU moment lol. Is everything working okay now?
Yes, now everything is fine now. Thanks for the help. I'm really grateful.

• Love
Reactions: Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)