• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

UTAU help?

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm currently trying to learn how to use UTAU, anyone here have any tips for a beginner?
-Okay so #1: make sure you have your computer's locale set to Japanese. Even if the program works on a different locale, downloading voicebanks will be very difficult.

-See those buttons with the lines to the right of the play/pause/stop buttons that say P2P3 and P1P4? Those are your best friends. Selecting some notes and then pressing the button will adjust the envelopes/volume of every note and usually make it sound smoother.

-Vibrato setting are found under the "Pitch" option when you right-click a note for some reason. Enabling "Portamento" under the Pitch option gives the note a red line which can be used to manipulate the pitch.

-Selecting "'View" in the top bar and then selecting "Voices List" will show a list of every sound that voice has programmed.

-Speaking of voicebanks, I don't know if you have trouble with this, but I sure did, so here's some pointers.

-CV, VCV, CVVC, etc...are different types of scripts which people read or sing from to record an UTAU. They require you to type in different phonemes in order to work properly.
-Japanese UTAU users don't use the terms "CV" and "VCV" though, they refer to each type of script as "単独音" (Single sound) and "連続音" (Continuous Sound) respectively.
-Other languages use different scripts like VCCV or even VCVVC, but I would wait to start using those.

Since your question was a little vague, I had a tough time answering it, but I hope that helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)