• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocaloid Voice Settings?

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
Anyone have any Vocaloid Voice Settings to share? Like how to make Rin and Len English sound powerful, how to make Luka sound more feminine, Miku more mature, sweet etc.?

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Avanna - Always set the BRI to 80-100 and GEN to 36.
Miku V4 English - Sometimes I like to set her GEN to 40 and BRI to 100 to get that sweet sound like you hear on The Chamber.

To add more power to Vocaloids, increase the DYN and also compression+saturation. Don't forget - Gain knob at the top of the mixer channels is your friend!

WintermintP

mac

New Fan
May 16, 2018
For a powerful sound, increase the DYN, BRI and GEN settings. It will make it sound louder and a bit deeper so it gives an impression of a strong voice.
You can achieve a more feminine/sweet sound by playing with GEN (lowering it). It will make the voice sound more high-pitched.
Mature/dark voice can be achieved by making the GEN higher, modifying DYN, BRI, perhaps BRE and CLE (husky sound).

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
@mac Actually, a powerful sound can be achieved through DYN alone. Increasing the GEN is going to make the Vocaloid sound really weird on some Vocaloids, and Vocaloids like Avanna and Miku sound better with the GEN lowered and not increased. BRI is there more for the clarity of the sound and I do recommend making use of that parameter but it doesn't make a Vocaloid sound more powerful per se.

WintermintP

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
It sounds like dark and sweet xsy, but I'm just guessing. I know I've gotten a lot of mileage from using it to control tone/pronunciation when crossing with other banks. I've tried to crossover into english but it's much too soft in comparison to the english bank.

I would have guessed Dark x Sweet too but since I know that it's OkameP, I know that he probably uses V2, unless it's otherwise specified. Since he credited a Miku Append in some songs but not in all, I guess that this one is a chorus of Dark and Original/Sweet. I just have no clue at which octaves they sing.
I experimented with XSY too and liked Dark x Sweet but they didn't sound actually close to this. Maybe I should experiment with the parameters a little or I just have had a bad contrast between the octaves and pitch bends. (Like I use lower octaves and higher pitches etc., you know?)
EDIT: BTW, I'm not working on an English song at all ATM. It's Japanese, so you don't have to think about Miku English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)