• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Welcome to Chaos WIP (Len)

helpcomputer

New Fan
Aug 19, 2020

I'm the worst at mixing, it's usually too loud. I've also been chipping away at tuning this better.
Any thing major to fix before I render this and close FL Studio? Unfortunately I can't save it and come back later cuz it's a trial, so it's all or nothing lol

Original for comparison:

Last edited:
Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Sounds good to me! I'm probably way too late to help you, though. If I was to be really nitpicky, the vocals might be a tad loud in certain parts in the midrange. Are you using a compressor at all? I like to use a multiband compressor(s) to solve that problem with the spikes in the midrange. But again, I'm just nitpicking. Sounds good!

helpcomputer

New Fan
Aug 19, 2020
Sounds good to me! I'm probably way too late to help you, though. If I was to be really nitpicky, the vocals might be a tad loud in certain parts in the midrange. Are you using a compressor at all? I like to use a multiband compressor(s) to solve that problem with the spikes in the midrange. But again, I'm just nitpicking. Sounds good!
Thank you for the feedback! I'll see what I can about it. I use a compressor but I kinda just fiddle with it since I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing most of the time lol

Reactions: AALLF

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
That's cool! If you're using a "standard" compressor, try these settings sometime, and see if they help: Around 20-30 ms attack, around 300 ms release, ratio 2:1 or 3:1. Set the threshold to where it reduces the gain on the louder notes, and doesn't compress any of the quieter notes. Just look at the gain reduction meter on the compressor to tell. If it is reducing the gain on every note, that's too much. I don't use FL Studio, but I hope this helps some.

You may already be doing all you can do right now with a single compressor, though . That's why I like a multiband, so it will compress just one segment of the frequency spectrum without affecting the others.

Anyway, it sounds good just the way it is, but hopefully one day you can play around with that and have some fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)