• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Why is Big Al so popular in the Japanese Vocaloid fandom?

betelsnus

New Fan
Jul 26, 2024
Big Al is one of my favorite voice synthesisers, so it makes me really happy to see how well he's doing in Japan, despite not being a good match against Japanese Vocaloids. Based on tags and sources, he seems to be the most popular English Vocaloid with Sweet Ann being the second, and he's used in songs written by Japanese producers more than other English Vocaloids (eg. Assassin Babycat, Dancing Samurai Cover, Tiny Toy Robot). He even has more fanart of him compared to the other English Vocaloids.

Last edited:

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
I agree with what the fellas above said, if you want to hear Big Al's breathing at it's best here it is:

Big Al is in my opinion a genuinely very good vb. He maybe hard to use (Idk, I don't own him), but he has genuinely a beautiful vocal tone since he manages to balance both a low tone and a higher tone what is pretty rare within the fandom since everything usually goes either to the twink or shota side of the thing. I dunno nothing about the japanese side of the fandom, but ohh boy! SirVillager's All is all we needed ngl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)