• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【SynthV Saki AI】ワンナイトロマンス未満【Original】

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
Here’s my latest collaboration, and my first to use Saki AI:

As per usual, りくりくり created the (rather lengthy) lyrics. Importantly, they were written first, and I had to add music to what was provided. This proved challenging because there is a near total absence of a regular syllabic meter. Nevertheless, I managed to create something that more-or-less fits the words, and I even added moments of word painting.

The biggest learning experience was discovering a cure for SynthV’s harsh audio output. Ever since I began using the original SynthV, I had always struggled to eliminate its brittleness—often with the help of Z-Noise. Unfortunately, this same harshness can be heard with SynthV Studio, which led me to believe that it was just a quirk of the synthesis engine.

However, through some luck and investigation, I now hypothesize that this brittleness is caused by poor sample-rate conversion. Although I don’t know what goes on inside the SynthV synthesis engine, evidence points to it always running internally at 96 kHz, and when you export to 44.1 or 48 kHz the software just does a simple sample-rate conversion rather than re-synthesize for the target rate. If so, then this conversion process (Decimation?) is flawed.

To fix the problem, I now export to 96 kHz and then down sample to 44.1 kHz using Audacity. The difference is very, very noticeable. And while I’m in Audacity, I also edit out the weird clicks that happen during quiet moments, as well as export to FLAC format. (Why was FLAC support removed for SynthV Studio? It was in the original SynthV.) The result is an audio file that no longer needs Z-Noise, and sounds way better than Z-Noise could ever achieve with a native SynthV 44.1 kHz export.

And to think, I only just discovered this one day before finalizing the above video. Good timing! Although the timing could have been better; I could have discovered this two years ago. (Assuming that this same fix also works for the original SynthV, which I haven’t tested.)

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
WOW!! You're right you took all that weird sound out! I know next to nothing on music theory but when you said "near total absence of a regular syllabic meter imagine" I thought of the new-ish movie "Cats" and "Les Miserables" because thats how the orchestra was forced to make the score for those movies. (At least I hope I understood what you meant correctly). Cats Music analysis Just in case It might interest you since I mentioned it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)