• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2019

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah indeed my plushie was in it, and then 2017 I have another plushie of mine to Rob and they were in it, but now finally I was too lol
Yeah the interview! Shame that was never used xd

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Can't believe it's been 5 months since Mirai.

I always planned to go to MM19 since 2017 for Luka Megurine 10th Anniversary. When it was announced that they're doing Osaka and Tokyo. I had to do both. Doing the Mirai Double really gives time to see everything at the expo or get merch that you missed.

The expo has all the exhibits from years prior, new promotions, and endless merch to purchase. If it's not sold out.

I did the treasure hunt game to see the "Luka Room." It was really frustrating. When you think you're done, you have another tier of puzzles you have to solve. With a bit of help, I manage to solve most of the puzzle and got to see what's in the room. Also ,I'm lil disappointed with the Luka 10th anniversary merch, as there is very little.

As for the concerts, I attended all 5 night shows. Each show felt different based on where I was sitting, the people around me, how the band played, and setlist.

Now that the Blu-ray has been released, here's a brief review:

Audio: The audio is great. The vocal are upfront and you can hear everything. Though I did find 2018 had more bass.
Stage Design/Lighting: Using the same stage set from 2018. The LCD screens on the sides is a nice touch. Lightning is the same also.
Camera Shots: Similar to 2018, yet incorporated more wide angle shots. I wish they use that one rear wide angle shot from Osaka.
Setlist: Keeping to my highlights among all the shows. Teo, expecting it later, but Miku is like "We're doing this!!" My heart went from 0-1000 mph so quick. Such a great opener. The R3 model is way better in person. We'll see more of R3 in the future. Catch the Wave, the biggest surprise song as it was released a few weeks prior. Also, reminded me of how things haven't changed sine 2010 Kanshasai. Promoting the Sega Project Diva games. Ramuneido Buruu no Shoukei, Meiko song just grew on me when it was played over the expo in Osaka. Got really into it every time it came on. Luka Megurine 10th Anniversary set, Loved all the songs that was played. Never Die I'm kinda mixed as the tempo is a bit too fast to be a ballad. Wowaka Tribute, well worth attending the shows each day. Bless your Breath, too much fun! My only gripe Kaito got no/zero solo songs. Ohedo Julia-Night is a Miku Song featuring Kaito, not so much a duet.

Overall, another great production. Hope they put out more Blu-rays, not just Magical Mirai. Cheers to a new year!!! Also, it was great meeting people from this forum despite Discord, Snapchat, etc. being the preferred servers. Hope to see you again!

One more thing, I know 39dearMiku does a top list for the MM Blu-rays and all Miku concerts Blu-rays. Here's my Top 5 Magical Mirai Blu-rays:

MM2015- Just the nostalgia of Miku performing at the Budokan and the setlist kind of catered for a western audience with World is Mine and Just be Friends
MM2019- So close to being on top, it felt fresh with songs that haven't been played before and a new Miku module, but no Kaito song.
MM2013- The first Mirai is best , yet the production and projection has gotten better over time.
MM2017- Yes, it's the 10th anniversary, but the setlist can make due without songs from last year.
MM2016- One of the better productions, yet the other entries have a bit more nostalgia.

For the fun of it, here's another Top 5:

Miku Expo Japan 2016- The Japanese at their BEST!!!
Snow Miku Live! 2019- Again the Japanese at their best. Also they played all the Snow Miku theme songs.
Miku Expo Paris 2018- Quite impressive for Miku's first Europe concerts. And I'm in it.
Miku with You 2018- If it weren't for the shotty camera work, it would be higher.Yet it shows how energetic the Chinese can be, on par with the Japanese.
Mikupa Taiwan 2012- It's a Mikupa!!!

The livestreams captures the history of Miku concerts. Wish they have a livestream for Miku Expo 5th Anniversary :(

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I finished another detailled look on a concert! Check out my passionate coverage of "Magical Mirai 2019" now that the Bluray was released and I had time to sit down for a long time working on this.
It's such an amazing concert so I hope some of you will see why when watching^^

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
Great review as usual, Kevin! I only just watched it, and wow, does it feel special when you declare this your favorite show! Since this time I actually was there, I found your remarks so much more relatable. There is all this minutia that I can't help but notice, and now I realize you are thinking mostly the same things as me, haha. I found myself nodding in agreement at so many points during the video.

Personally I'm more partial to Osaka Day 1's setlist edging out the other variations. By all accounts a coincidence, but I guess there's no beating that very first taste! Mirai truly is the big leagues.

As for the editing in the Blu-ray, I thought this year was nearly perfect, which, mind you, is rare for me. You know how I obsess about broadcast vs. Blu-ray. I get attached to the camerawork in the broadcast by the time the Blu-ray comes out. However!..... I don't have any major complaint this year! (Though I did think they shat the bed a little in Jump for Joy, when they annoyingly panned to the LED, missing the dance routine. It's better in the broadcast, haha.)

PS: You still look like you're in high school, even after years passed. How do you do it? :P

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Great review as usual, Kevin! I only just watched it, and wow, does it feel special when you declare this your favorite show! Since this time I actually was there, I found your remarks so much more relatable. There is all this minutia that I can't help but notice, and now I realize you are thinking mostly the same things as me, haha. I found myself nodding in agreement at so many points during the video.
Hey! So glad you enjoyed it! And yeah I can believe it's more special when you were there yourself.
I can understand what you mean about the cut in Jump for Joy. I guess I felt like they already showed it enough before in the song, but yes, I did notice that too.

Haha lol I guess I am JUST reaching an age where I am actually happy about that comment about my appearance xd
I don't know what to say, but I am already 25 now. xd

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Miku is going to be playing the 2019 set in the Digital Mirage online festival in early june. It was listed as Hatsune Miku (MM2019) so that's why i'm assuming it's that set

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)