• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Alter/Ego help?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Unless you have a MIDI controller, Alter/Ego is best used as a VST in a DAW. Standalone Alter/Ego can only be controlled with a MIDI controller as far as I know, so find the .dll and get the VST cersion in your DAW of choice.
From there, it is basically like an instrument in the DAW, so you can open a midi in the DAW and change the instrument to Alter/Ego.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Hmm....

In that case, do you know of a good, free DAW that doesn't use much memory and is also fairly light on space? I use Studio One, but it won't work with that....

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hm...well, you could download LMMS. It's a free DAW but I've heard it doesn't run all that wwll. You coold also download thevdemobof FL Studio. It never expires and has full funcionality aside from the inability to open saved projects (you can save but you can't open the save files). I believe those are both pretty good forbwhat you're looking for.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
LMMS works! lol I used it when i was a preteen and it's just as much of a pain as i remember.... the perfect fit for the pain A/E is proving to be!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)