• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Anime Recommendations for a Newb?

Average Poet

Jack of All Trades, Master on None
Aug 22, 2020
Maple Syrup, eh?
Oh I think I've got some really good anime series to recommend you Kazumimi, uh that is if you're still taking recommendations. I love anime though I know some people are not that into it so I am going to make 3 recommendations based on the idea that even people who don't normally watch or like anime will possibly enjoy these.

1. Ancient Magus Bride - This is one of my favorites. The main character named Chise is someone who I find to be quite relatable. Although she is at first timid and very reserved, she slowly throughout the series blossoms into a wonderful protagonist. Her relationship with Elias the other mc is rather intriguing as is his past. The world building in addition to the use of mythologies from ages past allows for, in my opinion, a wonderful tapestry of different legends and historical figures you might not know about being brought to life. All in all, it holds a special place in my heart.

2. Hinamatsuri - This is slice of life comedy, with a little dash of the supernatural. The main character is a rather brusque man who is associated with the Japanese Yakuza, who happens to have girl from the future literally drop into his life out of nowhere. The character interactions are quite lovely and endearing from what I recall. A girl introduced later into the show whose name is Anzu is my favorite character, because of her character development and growth as the series progresses. I love it a lot and it remains one of my top 10 favorites to this day.

3. Daily Lives of Highschool Boys - This anime made be laugh out loud until tears formed in my eyes, as it has its moments. There are many troupes and cliches used in anime and while this is no different, if you can stomach a few of the odder things associated with anime humor and the like, this show shines at the top for a great slice of life comedy, as something that you can watch without fear of something terrible happening to one of your favorite characters.

Well, that concludes my list of anime that I think you and hopefully some other people viewing this thread will enjoy, so I'll take my leave.

Cheers friends!

Sep 21, 2019
Oooh! Those sound very interesting—might just have to check them out later!
(Also I’m always open to more anime suggestions—always looking for something fun to watch!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)